threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  Anyone interested in big front brakes?

Anyone interested in big front brakes?

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4756
replies 20
following 7

mazdizzle   +1y
I posted some of this on mazdatrucking but I know some of you aren't on there. I drew up an adapter and had some cut out on the waterjet to run a wilwood 12.19" hat mount rotor. They bolt where the factory rotor goes and you mount the new rotor to the adapter. I wanted to go with a bigger rotor but the price of the rotors went way up so these will still be a big improvement over the stock brakes. I'm going to use the wilwood dynalite 4 piston calipers on mine but really any caliper that will fit on a .81" wide rotor will work. Here's some pics

thread post photo

Here's the stock for comparison
thread post photo

thread post photo

New stuff
thread post photo

If anyone is interested in doing this it cost me $20 each to have the adapters cut out plus a little over $5 each for the steel. I had 5 pair made. I'll sell a pair for $50 plus shipping if anyone wants a set. The wilwood solid rotors aren't bad about $35 each. I bought some then decided I wanted the drilled and slotted ones to match the rear.

Here's a parts list with prices for everything I'm using in case anyone wants to get an idea what the whole package would cost to do. These prices are from Wilwood's site and are cheaper if you search summit, jegs or ebay.

Rotor adapters $50 a pair
160-0277 Wilwood solid 12.19" 0.81" thick rotors $35.63 each
160-7104 & 160-7103 Wilwood cross drilled and slotted rotors $147.90 each
230-8390 5/16x18 bolts for rotors $15.21 each set of 8 bolts from Jegs
120-6811 Wilwood dynalite calipers $134.94 each
150-8850K Wilwood brake pads $44.93 set of 4
220-8371 Wilwood 20" -3 brake line $21.32 each
220-13125 Wilwood -3 to 1/8x27 fitting for caliper $8.93 each
220-6413 Wilwood -3 to m10x1 iv fitting $10.62 each

You would also need 4-3/8x24 bolts and washers for the calipers

The drilled and slotted rotors
thread post photo
2slo2rce   +1y
do you still have access to make these adapters? I need to redo the brakes on my LS1 B2200 and was going to try and make a kit myself. This is great!!!
mazdizzle   +1y
I had them made at a local waterjet place. I have the cad file so I could have more made
2slo2rce   +1y
If I send you money can you have a set made for me please? Going to follow your parts list and make a kit for my truck
mazdizzle   +1y
You need caliper brackets too? I haven't had any of those made yet.
2slo2rce   +1y
Yes sir. No point putting OE small parts again with the motor swap in there lol. I'll have some downtime on it now rewireing my motor swap and other stuff. Debating on playing with the brake peddle lever angle and doing a booster delete. So you can have the calper bracket made and the rotor hat made and the rest is following your parts list above?
mazdizzle   +1y
Yes I have all those parts on my truck but haven't put any miles on it yet. It should be back on the ground in a couple weeks ready to roll again. I'd like to test out those calipers before anyone buys them. They have 3 different piston sizes and these calipers are in the middle. According to the calculator I used these are the correct size for the truck master cylinder which has a 7/8 bore. I'll check with the waterjet place and see how much they want to cut more adapters. I had 10 done last time and they were $20 each plus the cost of the steel which was a hair over $5 each.
2slo2rce   +1y
Awesome!!! I guess just throw some info on here when you know what's up. Mine will be down for a couple weeks anyways. I was going to try and make a 2010+ Silverado rotor work but this seems like a better idea.
missed.a.leter   +1y
Damn if it wasnt so expensive id do it. Do you know of any threads for rear rotor conversions?
2slo2rce   +1y
The guy that did the drift truck did a write up on his rear disk conversion I think