Page 2 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  Need wire tuck/wiring help

Need wire tuck/wiring help

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 5769
replies 18
following 7

kylesj6033   +1y
u have cleaned that truck up nice. I'm guessing it's automatic. mine has more lines running around but great work. mine is not that cleaned up yet. u can remove the pull cable and mount it hidden somewhere if I know how to do it. a motorcycle seat latch has same size cable and everything. if u wanted to go that route.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk
94droptop   +1y
Id rather keep it in the stock location. I know people have used the stock cable but I'm not sure where they routed it. Im also have problems with my batter cable for the positive. After mounting the fuse block on the battery tray the cable is to short. So it looks like ill be buying cable and some end to redo the positive. Then i need to get to scrubbing. Shit is dirty.
kylesj6033   +1y
so u shoved all your wiring out another hole somewhere to clean up the drivers side? and do u have to lengthen any wires to compensate?

I want to do that as I'm going to bag mine this summer so I'm gathering information from anyone. my passenger side is already redone. I still have to do something about my clutch cable mounting on the fender well but other than that the passenger side is finished on mine and all wiring for computer has been removed and only wires on my passenger fender are wiper wires and antenna.

Did u leave the antenna or relocate it?

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk
kylesj6033   +1y

check out this thread. He used the stock hood cable and just rerouted it out another hole.
It is also a wire tuck forum that can give you some more ideas.
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
When I did my wire tuck I used a 1991 Mazda RX7 hood release cable, its about 5 or 6 inches longer then the truck cable which was just perfect length to run behind the fender. Also it mounts the same way to the dash as the truck cable so the interior looks unmolested.
mazdizzle   +1y

This is great info!! I went to the hardware store and got longer wire and sort of lengthened mine but I'm scared it's going to break every time I open the hood.

Here's some pics of my wire tuck
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
94droptop   +1y
Ill have to look into rerouting the cable like the one in the link. What is the little white thing bolted to the fender? I bolted mine back up but have no idea what it is. Only wires I have to lengthen is the brake res, and washer bottle. Im also having to redo my pos battery cable since i mounted mine to the batter tray.
mazdizzle   +1y
That white square thing is ground wires. I'm not running a brake fluid sensor but I did have to lengthen most of the wires on the passenger side. My fuse box is hidden under the fender so you barely see any wires in my engine bay.
dmills313   +1y
thinking about relocating the battery to the cab, and the fuse panel along with it. has anyone done this already? i looked for a write-up on a battery relocation on this site but found little. im saving up for a weber kit, so in the meantime im doing the wire tuck. i figure all i need are lights, alternator and ignition under the hood, and starter of course. im going to route the wires under the driver fender, under the radiator cowl like factory, and then the wires for my gauges. im also doing e-fans for it, ill wire those in later. the wiring harness that starts at the end of my transmission i just zip-tied an routed it away from the exhaust along with a line that was already under there for my rear brakes(i assume thats what it eventually leads to) its also going to go under the driver fender and around. any ideas on hiding the wires for the headlights? or am i stuck with those protruding out like stock?