Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  Need wire tuck/wiring help

Need wire tuck/wiring help

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 5762
replies 18
following 7

94droptop   +1y
Ok, 89 b2200 auto with a weber carb. Im in the process of doing a wire tuck and need to know what I can keep and get rid of. And what to do with these harnesses. I have searched and can't find the answer I'm looking for.
First this harness is the one that comes out of the pass. side firewall. From my understanding it is what is connected to the ECU. Since I have a weber I think I can get rid of most of it. Only thing I think I would need is the wiper motor wires, and the wires for the 3 connectors below, Is this correct?
thread post photo

I believe these three connecters hook into the pass side harness, and appear to run to things I need.LOL So i will keep them.
thread post photo

Then I have these groups of wires that run from the passenger side relay area (the connector with the white and red wire are the one that connects to the box) It runs from the passenger front to the drives front and connects to different things. Nobody has ever mentioned this in their wire tucks. WTF are these for? and where should I hide them.
thread post photo

And then clearly I need this
thread post photo

Thanks for the help guys
mazdizzle   +1y
The only wires you need from the passenger side harness are the ones for the wiper motor. You will need the rest of the other wires
dan woodland   +1y
You only need the four blue and one black wires
purekaoz   +1y
Don't forget the horn relay thing in the fender, i removed myn and horn doesn't work until i wired it up a different way.
94droptop   +1y
Now my problem is how to I get this thick ass wiring harness through the firewall and out the side. I have a hole cut but its tight in there. I don't see how I'm going to manage it. Passenger side is 90% complete though
94droptop   +1y
Well i got the "tuck" done. Just need to finish putting stuff back, and redo my positive cable to fit, and extend some wires. What do you guys do with the whole in the firewall? I thought about just snagging a grommet from the yard next time I'm out.
kylesj6033   +1y
I wish I had pictures of what your working with I can possibly send you what I have done if it's what I'm thinking your talking about.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk
mazdizzle   +1y
I welded up the holes and repainted the engine bay when I did the tire tuck on my truck.
94droptop   +1y
Also how did you guys run the hood pull. Mine is to short as is. Hole I'm talking about is next to the booster. I don't have the option of welding