Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  help identifying parts

help identifying parts

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 6817
replies 15
following 3

dizzy baird   +1y

ok so as you all know i have a 1986 mazda b2000 se5. henceforth it is a manual. now i need some help identifying these parts. i know alot of you have done away with emissions by replacing with a weber but i do not want to do this at this time. unfortuneately the guy who changed my intake manifold couldnt remember where each vacuum line goes and now theyre all fudged up :( please help!!!!

thread post photo

these are two canisters on the passenger side fender

thread post photo

this is located on bottom passenger side of carb

thread post photo

this is on the back middle of carb

thread post photo

and last but not least this is hooked onto distributor cap

thanks in advance for all the help
mazdamobber   +1y
in the first photo I cant remember what those are. the second photo is the EGR. the third photo I believe is your vacuum control for the carbs secondary butterfly. and the last photo is your vacuum advance for your timing. I also have an 86 2000 se5 and I literally just rerouted all of those hoses myself last friday. its kinda a pain in the butt.
mazdamobber   +1y
I do have mine done so I can atleast find out where the hoses run to from those first couple modules.
dizzy baird   +1y
thanks guys now heres my problem all hoses are gone. just bought new vacuum hoses and have no clue where they go. now i have the diagram for it but it show 2 lines running to the "mixture control valve". now either i dont have this on my truck or i have no idea what it looks like. mobber, do u know? this is the diagram i am using.
thread post photo
mazdamobber   +1y
That diagram has I think 3 extra modules or whatever on it that are not in the B2000 model which through me off quite a bit. I am getting ready to go to work. But in the morning when I get home I Will see if I can get some photos for you. But yeah there are a few things on that diagram that you don't have. I am positive about that.
dizzy baird   +1y
Thanks man much appreciated
mazdamobber   +1y
for sure...
mazdamobber   +1y
Ok so I just got off of work and took a few photos. I know these wont help much because I only can get so far without taking my air filter crap off. If you need more I can take some stuff apart on friday and trace things farther out for you just let me know. I hope that these help somewhat for now at least. If any of these are wrong that anyone knows about please let me know, as far as I know this is correct. If its not then I dont know how my truck is still running lol. but please let me know.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
dizzy baird   +1y
definitely gonna NEED u to trace it out for me. one pic to one hose lol. so lost
charlesskelter   +1y
You can do what I did and ditch almost all of them and keep the stock carb. I also have the computer disconnected. I do need to tune my carb now though...so it's really up to you and your mileage may vary. Most all of my lines matched up with the pics posted by mazdamobber, with the exception of the line labeled "bottom left of the EGR". On mine, that line was routed to the nipple at the base of the carb that is in the picture (right above and behind the EGR.) But again, any prior owner could have switched it around on mine.