Page 2 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  one idiots mistake, my treasure, need help tho please

one idiots mistake, my treasure, need help tho please

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 12455
replies 19
following 7

emjay   +1y
Where in GA are you located at? I am near Roswell, if you are close you can borrow one of my wheels, I have a few extras.

And I would call that wheel trash. There is no telling what micro fractures got created when he did that kind of 'bore' job. That is a ticking time bomb right there.

ALL WHEEL BORING JOBS SHOULD BE DONE IN A MACHINE SHOP BY A COMPETENT MACHINIST! I've seen wheels done by an 'expert' that cracked and failed on I-20 at 75mph.
emjay   +1y
Oh, and the weber kit that you want is a 32/36 DGEV, K675 I believe.

here is a link
87projectpow   +1y

thanks alot.
emjay   +1y

still didn't answer the first question, where in GA are you located? Since newer vehicles are still tested in your area I know that you are in Metro Atlanta, that narrows down about half the state (lol)
87projectpow   +1y
emjay--by the way i just now noticed the other post. i live in gwinett on the border of snellville, lawrenceville, and lilburn. about 10 15 minutes from the mall of ga
emjay   +1y
Ah, so you are closer to the forum moderator Baha! I'm about an hour away from there currently. There is a nice pull a part that is close to ya. If i'm ever in the area and you are still needing a wheel, lemme know and I'll hook ya up.
87projectpow   +1y
thanks. the atlanta north pull a part is about 15 minutes down the road from me..when i get my bonus i plan on making a trip there. i know they have a few b trucks there.
cherokeed   +1y
Did you had to cut wires or just removed everything ecu etc??
Antique65   +1y
The wheel shouldn't be used. All wheel hubs normally have a lip that fits inside the internal hole of the rim with minimal clearance. The rim is held back against the hub using the wheel nuts, so that the loading is transferred from rim to hub. By grinding away the lips, you are relying on only the wheel studs to hold the wheel central and against the hub. A perfect chance to shear of studs and loose a wheel. Very Dangerous.
post photo