threads
Page 2 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  No power to brake lights/front turn signals/ head lights

No power to brake lights/front turn signals/ head lights

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3301
replies 13
following 5

Cusser   +1y
Hate to say it, but you need a wiring diagram and either a decent voltmeter or 12 volt test light for this troubleshooting. You're basically looking for: where does the 12 volt positive voltage "stop".
lowcolorado   +1y
Did you ever figure out your problem? I'm having the same issue no power coming into the headlight switch so I have no headlights or tailights. I'm about too start chasing down all the wires
Cusser   +1y
"I'm having the same issue no power coming into the headlight switch so I have no headlights or tailights. I'm about too start chasing down all the wires"

I'm assuming that your truck starts and runs, respond if that is not the case.

For your issue, first check the two 30-amp fuses in the main fuse box in the engine compartment, just rearwards of the battery. The red wire and the white/green wire to the combination switch should have positive voltage. If you get power at both of those, then with headlights switched on, there should be power in either of of the red/black or red/white wires for the headlights. So start there.