threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  No power to brake lights/front turn signals/ head lights

No power to brake lights/front turn signals/ head lights

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3292
replies 13
following 5

skrapinsask   +1y
Alright guys I'm getting no signal from the harness that goes to my signal lights but i get a flashing signal going to my lower bumper lights. The clips cant be backwards because they can only connect one way. Anyone ever experienced this? when the fuse is out does it start to use the lower bumper lights?

Also my brake lights are not getting power. There is no power to the harness,to the bulb and no power to the fuse panel for the brake lights. Is there a relay or anything else i could check? Rear signals work as well as the reverse lights

My headlights are also out

Where should i start? First time i have had the truck together since dis assembly and would really like to get everything sorted out so it can be driven.

Thanks in advance guys
oneslammedbseries   +1y
the upper lights are not turnsignal lights although you could put on 1157 socket in it and turn them into blinkers/ driving lights ill find the link for you but the lower bumper lights are the only turn signals that mazda put on the truck
oneslammedbseries   +1y
if you want the upper light to flash with the turn signals which most do this is how its done

as for the brake light issue check your main fuses under the hood right by the battery sound like the issue with the headlights also being out
skrapinsask   +1y
Thanks for your quick reply i will go and check it out right now!
I thought the turn signal had to be visible from the side so i only assumed they should be lighting up but that's good news. Thanks for the link i plan to do that modification.
skrapinsask   +1y
all 3 larger style relays are fine 30 30 80
any other ideas

Thanks for looking guys
dat dood   +1y
See if the tail light/brake light bulbs are in backwards. I've seen this cause problems before, but don't recall if it was on a 1156 or 1157 bulb. Also, check the micro switch on the brake pedal. I had a short in a trailer pigtail once that caused me to lose all lights except head lights and brake lights. That wound up being a blown fuse in the fuse block under the dash.
oneslammedbseries   +1y
first check all your fuses the best way to do it is to take a test light find a good ground and touch the top of each side of each fuse see if you get light on both sides if all your fuses are ok check the grounds in the rear of the truck if there good pull the plug off the back of the taillight and see if your getting current to the plug i have seen where the sockets inside the lights get corroded and cause the lights to not work if your still having problems trace all wires make sure none of them are grounded anywhere and also you can check the switch on the brake pedal but highly doubt that would be the problem because most times i have seen them go bad the lights stay on but worth checking anyways
skrapinsask   +1y
Rear grounds have new terminal clamps crimped on and have just been bolted to freshly ground metal.

No power at rear harness, bulb socket or at fuse panel under dash

All 3 under hood relays are fine

this is the last thing besides my exhaust i need to get done until i drive my truck!
oneslammedbseries   +1y
check the wires coming out of the fuse box under the hood make sure there plugged in good and not corroded
slamsonthedawgmaster   +1y
Do you have a spare headlight/ blinker switch? It's possible that yours went bad,easiest way to check it is to plug in another one..and do you have brake lights but no running lights? Or nothing out back at all?