Page 2 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  How To Wire a GM Alternator to b2200

How To Wire a GM Alternator to b2200

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 10390
replies 15
following 6

v8xcab   +1y
Also i forgot to ask before how you mounted the alternator???
Also I grabbed my Hayne's manual and the white wire with black stripe is to the charging light...the other black wire with white stripe is an ignition wire
BTW the factory wire plus the red wire you're using should be plenty to carry current to the battery...Hope this helps you out!
Post was last edited on Apr 03, 2011 12:04. This post has been edited 2 times.
col. sanders   +1y

Me too.
paparoach1983   +1y
were there any pics or can i just not see any
bseriesnoob   +1y
BUMP whats the update on this? I purchased a 82 chevy alternator tonight and a stock chevy plug. I talked to the guys at the parts store, in there book that labels everything for testing alternators the stock mazda plug on mazda alternator is labeled as SENS and LIGHT. on the chevy alt the one labeled 1 is the light and the one labeled 2 is the sens...........they mount up because its a basic bracket in our b2200s and the mount on chevy alt is the SAME!!! I originally stumbled on this by checking ADVANCEAUTO.COM website, if you search for an alternator for our trucks it also RECOMMENDS a 73-87 chevy alternator!!!
bseriesnoob   +1y
TTT lets keep this going guys, i got a gm alternator for $30 brand new instead of buying the mazda one for $130. This is a HUGE $ saver on top of that...............picture this, your going to a show about two hours away and fourty miles into your journey your ride breaks down!!! you can go to a city with one parts store and get a basic chevy alternator..........the mazda??? NOT SO MUCH!I live in a city with at least 5 different auto parts companies, NONE had the mazda alternator BUT they ALL had the BASIC chevy alternator. This could be a big money saver and easy to replace on the fly.
bseriesnoob   +1y
bump bump bumpity!