Mazda Engine General \  How To Wire a GM Alternator to b2200

How To Wire a GM Alternator to b2200

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 10382
replies 15
following 6

89luxury   +1y
Hey whats up people.
Ok so i just finish installing a GM alternator to my B2200.
But for some reason it dose not charge the battery. All i plug in to the alternator was the original black main cable and the others i just left them out.

My question is how do i connect it which wires to where.
pictures would be great so i know what your talking about.

thanks...
col. sanders   +1y
What type of GM alt is it? Is it a one wire? You may have to feed it an ignition lead so it will charge. Better post some pics or more info. There is also a thread on GM alts.
89luxury   +1y
OK so here are some pic's that i took
also where do i go for the alter. Thread
thread post photo

thread post photo
89luxury   +1y
i for got to mention it came out of a 1994 Chevy 1500 pick-up 100amp
col. sanders   +1y
Okay you are missing a male two wire plug I think, it goes into that black rectangle hole.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
If it is a simple one wire just get some 0 gauge wire and run it from the post on the alt straight to the battery.

-Justin
v8xcab   +1y

+1
89luxury   +1y
THis is what i did;
i pluged in the cable from the original alternator to the rectangle
and i ran a 10gauge wire from the alter.. post to the battery but it still dose not charge. so ill try doing the 0gauge wire. see if that works.
what do you guys think?
thread post photo
://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UqLJ-Kb217g/TZd6mXsoMuI/AAAAAAAAAGI/nGIY7X9KgUs/s1600/10-08-09_1349fdf.jpeg
v8xcab   +1y
U may have the wires in the wrong places also may have wrong wires...And are you sure that alternator is good? I've bought brand new parts that were defective so if it's used, take it to Advance or AutoZone and have it tested...BTW 0 gauge is jus to insure that you're getting maximum current from the alternator but it should still work with 10 gauge...
col. sanders   +1y
On that two wire plug one of them needs to be ignition and the other I believe goes to the batt light on the dash or it could be a sensing wire. Since the alt is internally regulated the sensing wire will tell the alt to increase it's output. In order for the alternator to start charging you have to excite it that's why you need an ign wire. The gauge of the wire coming out can be 8awg or better increasing the gauge does not make it charge more it just reduces the resistance and voltage drop. Let me see if I can find some info for you.

Worst case use the Google.