threads
Page 3 of 3
Mazda Projects \  The Road Galleon (78 Mazda B1800)

The Road Galleon (78 Mazda B1800)

Mazda Projects
views 10753
replies 30
following 8

jesroll   +1y
I didn't have to.....but the steering had to be modified to clear the oil pan off of the 2.3 liter motor
trplezro   +1y
I'd love to see what you did with the brake booster and how the steering column and shaft fit without modifying. That's what I was messing with on my Mazda before I stopped on it. Did you use the rear sump oil pan on the 2.3?
jesroll   +1y
yeah I had to build a whole new crossmember for the engine to fit.....the brake booster stayed put as well....when I run bigger wheels I might have to modify all of that stuff
trplezro   +1y
ah, I found the pan an oil pickup for a courier with the 2.3 for mine. Front sump an everything. Fits perfect.
jesroll   +1y
It should fit because according to all the research I did the 2.3 block stayed the same for a long time....I heard about people putting those 2.3 in t-buckets and hot rods...IDK why but I just stumbled accross a 94 Ranger with low mileage and complete so I figure why not put that in my truck since it was running good
trplezro   +1y
That an those 2.0 Mazda engines love to do random things that spiral out of control
jesroll   +1y
I had a 1.8 in mine and it crapped out on me....I had to use a heli-coil to rethread my #1 spark plug....wut happened is some of those metal shavings got stuck between the cylinder and the wall which seized the engine....to get it rebuilt was a lot of money so i looked elsewhere for a new motor
trplezro   +1y
I would have done the same. Haha honestly, I started to do the same thing. Just got wrapped up with other things. But I got lucky and found a dead 2.3 from a courier and got the pan an sump off it and tossed it on a 2.3 from a 70s pinto, that was modified an used in an 80 mustang.
jesroll   +1y
good deals you shouldn't have any problems then only problem I have with the 2.3 is its a timing belt setup versus a timing chain...I like timing chains alot better....majority of my vehicles I've owned had chains like my numerous Toyotas w/ 22rs and some Chevys
foreman10   +1y
good morning my name is Rodrigo, I'm from Argentina, I'm putting together a Mazda B1800 I would like to know what color did you use? What is the color code? to be able to buy the original color.
thank you, your truck is beautiful.