threads
Page 2 of 3
Mazda Projects \  The Road Galleon (78 Mazda B1800)

The Road Galleon (78 Mazda B1800)

Mazda Projects
views 10754
replies 30
following 8

jesroll   +1y
Ok for anyone who still reads this posting...are there any gurus of FORD Wiring Harnesses? I ran into a problem with my 94 Ford Ranger wiring harness for my 2.3 liter....I need a new harness are the v6 harnesses compatible with my engine? I did find a 95 Ranger with a 2.3 but the only difference is it came with an Auto tranny and it does have a Cam Position Sensor my setup is a 5 speed manual trans w/ no Cam Position Sensor....
flyingtiger   +1y
This truck sure has a nice style! I like the frame work too! Good Job!
mtrain   +1y

This is what I would do. I would try and get a harness from either an 87-88 Turbo Coupe T-bird, 87-88 XR7 Cougar.

There are plenty around, and you can always swap to a turbo if you want. The 2.3l block is VERY stout, and will handle many ponies. Also if you can get the engine along with the wiring harness from the Ford/Mercury's above they came stock with forged pistons.
jesroll   +1y
I traced the harness and found a problem in the chassis harness/gauges. I eliminated every other wire/circuit not needed for the engine to run. I got her running so all I have to do is build a small harness for my lights and I'm going to run manual gauges. And a laundry list of minor things. Other than that all the hard work is done hopefully it all works out.
I shall have pics up once its done. I'm also planning on showing it at the Severed In The Southwest Show here in Phoenix the first weekend of December.
jesroll   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo
trplezro   +1y
Sundowner horse trailer?
Truck looks awesome!
skrapinsask   +1y
Looking good! Do you have an idea of what your going to run for wheels?
jesroll   +1y
I don't have much money right now but I have the moon caps for the stock steelies....Tax Return Time I Plan on doing a Toyota Swap in the Front w/ Custom Tublar Control Arms and a narrowed 5 lug Toyota Rear End w/ 20s or 22s
jesroll   +1y
thread post photo
trplezro   +1y
Did you lower the steering box?