views 87790
replies 399
following 51

elbine69   +1y
What are those rotors from?
mtrain   +1y
Custom rotors..............
mazdadropped   +1y
theres no shops that sell bigger sized rotors? what about another 6 bolt 139.7mm spacing vehicle? i was really hoping i could find some big ones too
elbine69   +1y
There was a place in canada called phattys selling big brake kits for the front with 13" rotors and wilwood calipers. Cant find the site anymore though.
xgolferdude   +1y
i would be very concerned mounting the shockwaves directly to the shock mount... its not near beefy enough to hold up to the strain of all the weight of the truck and a small black to boot.... just my .02
mtrain   +1y
I've since welded gussets to them so they should be more than enough.
mtrain   +1y

Believe me I looked EVERYWHERE. The closest I could come was 12" which would be fine for a hot turbo FE2, but for a lightweight 800hp vehicle I want the most whooo I can get.

I first called Wilwood, and the tech guy just couldn't understand how I wanted them built. Then I called Baer, with no luck, however, they did give me a number for a custom shop.

I can't find them in my bookmarks so I must have already deleted them. Anyway they wanted me to mail my old rotor to them.

I was wanting a 13" rotor, but again, all they could do was 12" for around $300. If I wanted to go bigger they could build a "hat" for another $400 EACH!!!!

So I found another shop that would do the job for less, and told me they could do the 14" for not too much more so I jumped in, and gave them the dimentions I wanted, and about a month later I had my rotors, BUT I had to make the caliper brackets.

I really wanted to use Baer calipers, but my budget is getting paper thin at this point so maybe down the line, AND only if the calipers I have don't work {stock Mazda with performance pads}
winslow33   +1y
A very un-educated guess because ive never looked at em, but what about Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra callipers? The bolt spacing is the same, and its a much heavier truck
mtrain   +1y
Well, the I already had the Mazda calipers on hand.

I should be able to make a bracket for just about any caliper so I will just save up and buy some Wilwood, or Baer calipers.

But, that idea might be good for a stock Mazda.
mtrain   +1y
Got the new shocks in yesterday, and they fit much better than the first pair. Even fully compressed, and tied I had to disconnect the lower control arm to get these on.

Although I almost screwed up big time as I let the jack down without inflating them as it nearly bent my fender before I could stop the jack.

You can see the gussets for the top mount, that I welded in if you look close. Also, note there isn't very much room to add too much metal as it will interfere with the bellows.

thread post photo