Page 1 of 40
Mazda Projects \  turbo V8, ultimate b2200 conversion, "Stranger". Final pics

turbo V8, ultimate b2200 conversion, "Stranger". Final pics

Mazda Projects
views 87629
replies 399
following 51

mtrain   +1y
I don't know where you guys want me to post this build, but I though I would let everyone in this forum know what I have built, as well as say thanks to all who sent me the part, or parts I needed.

Let me also add that this project fought me every step of the way. Nothing was easy, it all had to be figured out, down to the factory tach, and fuel guage.

Here we go, project Stranger is now revealed.

Complete 03 Ford Ranger Edge front end, and head lights, less hood.

Hood modded with an 86 Mustang SVO turbo scoop welded in.

Ford/Dart 8.2 deck, 4.125 bore block with all forged internals, and Mahale pistons, and Cometic head gaskets, bringing the cubic inches up to 363 cid.

AFR 185 heads with the big cc's. Erson roller rockers.

Comp Cam with 114 LSA, roller hyd.

MDS billet dizzy with 6AL box, wires, and coil.

Vic Jr intake, with CSU custom built carb with boost ref power valve.

Two T4, 60mm Turbo's with V trim impellers, and stage three turbines.

Weldon electric pump for the hot oil from the turbo's to oil pan return.

3 core intercooler made by Procharger. Also, Procharger Rave Valve. Two 12" electric fans to pull cool air from under the car for the intercooler, and AC condenser.

Be Cool aluminum radiator, for Fox Mustang with Spal 16" electric fan.

3 inch tubing to the carb.

Ford try Y headers, full 3 inch exh to the rear.

Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump, Aeromotive boost ref fuel regulator with return line.
Also, I used 10 AN braided lines, and fittings to the fuel reg, and the return to the tank.

16 gal fuel cell.

Custom 4 link rear with watts link, Curry 9" Ford rear with Detroit Trutrac differential 3:55 gears, 12" disc brakes. Shorten 31 spline driveshaft.

Custom tubular front end with 14" disc brakes.

Ridetec, Shockwave air shocks all 4 corners.

Fox Mustang manual rack/pinion.

Bigger sway bar, with urethane bushings.

Tremec TKO 600, 5 speed tranny with hyd master/ slave setup.

Custom interior, factory tach, Autometer gauges.

After about a year, and 3 or four months I can now breath a sigh of relief.

I got this truck from my father for $500. I just wanted something quick soon, and with good gas mileage for a new job that was a good distance from my house.

Like most things I couldn't leave well enough alone, and this is how it started.

With a few of us here I wanted just a bit more speed. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with 85hp, well maybe for something like a lawnmower.

So, already had a rebuilt engine with the heads milled, and the block decked for higher compression, then came the pace headers, and unrestricted exhaust.

Still a turd {to me anyway, and honestly the automatic was probably making things worse}.

So I decided to lower it just a bit, then came some 18" Nissan Titan wheels.

It rode like a wagon, and still had the acceleration of a snail towing a battle ship.

thread post photo

Here I am stripping all of the old paint off. My big friend over there in the chair tried to help, but it just didn't work out as he used a 40 grit grinding disc with just a little too much pressure.

I had to go over the entire panel on that side with body filler, after sanding it as much as I could to get the deeper scratches out.

However, I consider it MY fault since he had never done anything like that before, and I should have paid more attention to what he was doing. He is a great guy, and friend.

thread post photo

Anyway all the work almost killed him so I told him he needed to take a vacation to the beach for a while.

thread post photo
Post was last edited on May 27, 2012 07:05. This post has been edited 6 times.
skrapinsask   +1y
Sounds like a wild build
looking forward to some more pictures!
dropped90(justin)   +1y
That sounds absolutely awesome. We need some more pics of that beast.

-Justin
mtrain   +1y
I did a poll on another B forum on how people would like to see me post this project.

From start to finish

or, finished, then go backwards to the start.

The general consensus was to start at the beginning and go to the end, which is what I will do here.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
beginning to end is the only way.

-Justin
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
post pics as you go
mtrain   +1y
Ok, here is a few more pics.

Here is the engine bay with the after the engine was pulled.

thread post photo

thread post photo

Here is the hood cut for the new SVO scoop.

thread post photo

Here is the scoop welded in, and filled.

thread post photo

Here it is on the truck.

thread post photo

This is also a good time to show how things can change on the spur of the moment.

The way I originally wanted to mount the scoop was off center to the passenger side, just like the SVO Mustang. I thought I could have a small intercooler mounted under the scoop, again, just like the Mustang.

But, after moving the scoop around, and looking at the subframe of the hood there was just one way to do it right, and that was dead center.
baha   +1y
I think it looks better dead center, nice build.
cmiller_10   +1y
wow now that is cool. i wanted to do my truck with mustang interior lol but your takin yours to the extreme. i like it alot.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
looks awesome. that ranger grill looks pretty sweet too. did you have to section it down. looks like your going to have to section the ranger bumper down to fit. will def look killer