views 7603
replies 24
following 15

baggedb2k   +1y
Props to you, I don't think I could get used to getting burnt....lol
bjv7022   +1y
hey,

new to the forum.

i did the conversion with the weber also. im gonna put a header to increase the performance later.

but for the time being i cut the pipes on the exhaust and welded them shut. if you cut them close it will look good. once you weld it just grind down the welds and you can paint it with the heat paint to make it look betta.
nonamedsomebody   +1y
I'll take some pics thanks for the info as well
baggedb2k   +1y
No prob on the info, here are some pics, hope they help. I am also posting the pics of what " Option 1 " and " Option 2 " look like. Good Luck

OPTION 1:

OPTION 2:

bjv7022   +1y
what did you do about the vent in the value cover.

i put a breather filter on it but i keep blowing oil out of it. the engine is brand new so i know its not blow by.

just want to know what everyone else did.
lowered_impressions   +1y
Great answers and pics, i'll get on this tomorrow.
same_me   +1y
Man this is a great thread. You wouldnt have the part number on the air cleaner would you? I figure that it's a Mr. Gasket air cleaner but if you had the part number it might make it easier to grab one. Also do you remeber the size on the lug nuts. I've been looking at doing this and now that i've got a good understanding and pics i'm all in. My trucks in the shop now so I'd like to round up all the stuff to do this so when I get it back I can get started. Thanks.....
I removed all my emissions recently, and although i have way more power my fuel economy is TERRRIBLE!
mazdatweaker   +1y
post deleted
Post was last edited on May 13, 2009 03:05. This post has been edited 1 times.

LOL it's no big deal, I realised the risk I was taking, but the reason was that it was NOT working correctly at all. It had bad mileage and surged a lot. So i though it was worth a try. Now I know it's time to get a weber. I like simple things that I know how to fix, so it's probably a good idea anyways.