Questions about Fe3 swap into a 87 B2000

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 10511
replies 15
following 9

90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
yeah post your own topic in the wanted section and you'll get better results
87bserious   +1y
Sorry to hi-jack... but can this swap be done in a 4wd?... what tranny and mods must be done?
method5150   +1y
So, don't waste my time w/ the EDIS? If I went Megasquirt I thought I had to use the ford EDIS spark/coil since MS runs off a wasted spark setup? Does the FE3 also use wasted spark?

I also read people like using the -1 tooth ring on the crankshaft behind the pulley instead of drilling a hole in the bell housing. If I’m correct the FE3 senses crank position by the flywheel ring gear? You would think drilling a hole in the bell housing would be easier THAN **rolls eyes** sending the ring to a machine shop?!

or is the MS based on the ford EDIS useing toothed ringgear around the crankshaft behind the pulley? i thought i read on megasquirt it's based on that. If I went KIA ECU i could use the sensor off the flywheel?

I do have access to a welding machine. Welded some decent beads on a truck gate couple days ago. I haven't thought much of how the exhaust set-up.. I think that's a task I’ll tackle later.

I’m still concerned about smog. That’s another problem.

Stock Mazda motor mounts.
KIA flywheel w/ stock Mazda clutch
MSII w/ stock KIA coil/spark plugs/crank sensor in bell housing?
Exhaust.. -=P that's later

I guess that's the basic set up to get her on the road?

Thanks dude!

e
mightmac22   +1y
Any one got a clue how long it would take to source out parts, fab a turbo manifold and install a mazda fe3 into a b2000? I build my fe3 years ago before a car accident and its been crated up ever since. I found a nice body b2000 lowered 6 inches for $900 and it needs an engine. I apparently have a direct bolt in. I had plans for a miata but i dont have the time or the money for a full custom install.

Lemme know what you know,

thanks
Mac
Chubbyboycarlos   +1y
I’m about to buy a 86 Mazda b2000 and I wanna swap the fe3 motor into it what years of Kia Sportage engines are compatible and what parts will I need to take so it will run properly