Page 3 of 3
Mazda Wheels Tires \  18x8 wheel tuck?

18x8 wheel tuck?

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 10001
replies 21
following 5

mark2.0   +1y
To update, just because I said i would, the 18x8 with +38 were not available, so i went with a +35 wheel. I replaced the spindles with drop spindles and installed new short shocks up front. When I lowered the lift, the fenders set down on top of the tires. So no, the 18x8 with +35 will not tuck under standard sheet metal. I ended up putting the stock spindles back on and installed standard shocks in the front, then re-indexing the torsion bars one notch and leaving them about 1/2 inch of being tightened up all the way. The fender height in the front is slightly lower than stock, but not much, and is about as low as it can go without rubbing. If I could do it again, I would just put 16" wheels and use the torsion bar indexing to lower the front. But unless anyone wants to buy my wheels, I'm kind of stuck with the 18's. Sometimes you just have to race what you brought to the track.
kovz   +1y
I wonder if a 40 series tire would have helped? Like I said, I run 215/40/18 in the front with stock spindles and 8" wide wheels. I'm bagged though, not just static. I don't have any rubbing in the front.

thread post photo