Page 2 of 3
Mazda Wheels Tires \  18x8 wheel tuck?

18x8 wheel tuck?

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 10002
replies 21
following 5

kovz   +1y
Correct they will stick out too much. Those are only +10mm. You need a high offset wheel (+35 or more) to run an 8" wide wheel. That's almost considered front wheel drive. The problem is they don't make many aftermarket 6 lug wheels that are front wheel drive or high offset.

These were my calcs from a website I found online. I used my escalade wheels and compared it to the new wheels I was buying.
Like I said, I still ultimately narrowed the rear end, but it would have barely rubbed with the new combo. I didn't want to flare the bedsides.

thread post photo

Note: escalade and Titan wheels are only 7.5" wide and +31mm. Most aftermarket 18" wheels are 8" wide. If you can find ones that are 7.5" wide and +31mm, they may fit.
mark2.0   +1y
And being aware that this thread is over a year old, I thought I would attempt to continue the conversation.

So for clarification, if a wheel was available that is in the correct bolt pattern, sized at 18x8, with an offset of +38 (AR 840), what is the likelihood it would rub with a 3" static drop (drop spindles in the front with new shocks, blocks in the back, again, with new shocks)? Have been told to buy a +15 offset with those dimensions for this truck, but that doesn't seem right. Seems like the +15 would rub the fenders off.

Second wheel choice is 18x8.5 with +25 offset (Dub Rio 6)?

Third choice is 18x8, with +30 offset (AR 894).

Let me know. Need to buy some to accentuate the new paint job.
rcogan   +1y
well, from what i have learned since this post...that +15 wont come close
the 18x8 with +38 will tuck pretty good, depending on tire size on if/when it may rub and how much
the 18x8.5 with +25 wont tuck
the 18x8 with +30 would be really close, but think it would hit inner part of bed when it bounces or you hit a good bump(if 3" puts you low enough)
mark2.0   +1y
The last choice, and more than likely the best, is Escalade wheels. 18x8, with a +31 offset. Could go 17s as well. I think they are 7.5 with same +31 offset as the 18s.
kovz   +1y
Your best choice would be 18x8 with +38 offset. At a 3" drop I don't think you would rub. Especially running a 215/40/18.

The +31 on an 8" wide wheel will rub the bed sides (if you're low enough. The 7.5" wide wheel with +31 won't rub if you run a small enough tire.
mark2.0   +1y
Do you think the +38 would rub the inside components too much? Turning be hindered? That was the argument of the wheel salesman. Ordering online, so can't try out first. The size comparer at rimsntires liked the +38 better as well and did not list any inside rubbing concerns.
kovz   +1y
I don't see it being a problem. I run a +35mm, 8" wide wheel and don't have any turning issues up front. 3mm won't make much of a difference.
mark2.0   +1y
Kovz, to be clear to anyone else who may view this string of posts, the +35, 8" wide wheel does not have rubbing issues on the inner or outer fender and it will tuck. And this wheel is an 18" diameter wheel?
kovz   +1y

Yes, for the front, I run an 18x8" wheel with +35 offset on a 215/40/18 and don't have any rubbing issues. I am bagged though and I use stock spindles. So when it gets low enough to the point the wheel is tucking inside the fender, I get negative camber.
Drop spindles won't give you as much negative camber.

Either way with a 3" drop I think you will be fine with the 18x8 and +35.
mark2.0   +1y
Will be putting 18x8, +38 offset wheels with 215/45R18 tire. This tire is the narrowest tire I can find with an acceptable profile at a decent price. I'll take some pics once everything is bolted up and report back. Gotta finish sanding the cab first. Finally getting ready to paint!