Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  91 b2200 single cab bagged and bodied

91 b2200 single cab bagged and bodied

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1639
replies 4
following 4

caraudiojay   +1y
First off new to the forum and have seen a lot of awesome builds!!!!! I have been doing about 15 hours or so of browsing through the forum and feel its time to get this project going.... 1st timer here so hopefully this all works out i own and operate a car audio shop with my brother been doing it professionally for 10 years have 6-7k in tools brother was certified in welding his best buddy is a welder by trade I have close friends that own a hot rod shop and have bagged multiple cars and do great work so I have help if needed so here we go .....

#1 -BUDDIES TRUCK NOT MINE- (I'm just more educated with this stuff than he is so I'm helping him do it plus I wanna get at least 1 under my belt

BUGET PLANS: bought the truck for $1500 2-3 weeks ago.. a lot of $$$$ I know but it's SUUUPER CLEAN!!!
Just dropped around $2000 on the bag stuff today....
So far about $3500 into it.. We basically want to do I nice clean lookin truck without going overboard no powder coat prob end up doing some sort of primer paint job minor shaving and debadging nothing over the top (except for the overall look of course)

Basically don't mind spending the money if it's needed or if it's gonna make a difference but in no way rich and want to just chuck money at it......

TRUCK INFO:

Bone stock 91 mazda b2200 single cab

Just over 120,000 miles

Stock 2.2L (keeping)

PURCHASED: (so far)

Tri 4 link bag on bar setup
Slam re-6 front re-7 rears (upgraded in kit)
5 gal tank
2-viair 480's (upgraded in kit)
Accuair vu4
3/8 line
Notch
Other Miscellaneous parts that came with the kit

PLANS:

Leaning towards 18"(40 series tires 35 at the very least) navigator wheels (I know they need to be machined to work properly)

Use factory control arms if possible or somewhat cheaper solution no drop spindles

Want to lay pinch maybe 1" or so into the rocker like Josh's bodied b2600zx thread

Relocate stock gas tank to rear of truck

Raise bed floor (prob make frame and do new floor)

Z frame 3/4-1" for crossmember clearance
( lower frame horns same as body drop )

QUESTIONS:

If machined properly will the navigator wheels tuck and allow the truck to lay pinch or rocker without some crazy mods or is a 17" wheel or smaller tire ALOT easier?(obviously the whole project is gonna require modification)

How much more work is it to lay rockers does that cause a lot more issues with clearances and cost a lot more money to get everything to work properly? is it just a whole lot easier to just lay pinch and call it a day?
( I saw a b2200 laying frame in person this wknd and just want this project to be lower)

COMMENTS:

Anything major things I'm missing or going about the wrong way?

Any tips tricks suggestions ?

Any big hidden costs or something needed?

TOOLS:

Hobart and a lincoln welder grinder cut wheel small saws all about 4k in snap on hand tools etc....

TIMEFRAME:

As far as the complete bagging I would like to have this project done within 6 months or so depending on how smooth it all goes and time availability ( kinda stuck with weekends right now )

!!!!!!!THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL HELP GUYS!!!!!!!!
mazdizzle   +1y
The non chrome navigator wheels will tuck under 2wd sheet metal. I had them on my truck with a 215/35/18 tire. The rear is close to the bed sides. When I did my 4 link I centered the axle to the bed so it wouldn't rub either side. The chrome navigators are 18x8 so they are 1/2 wider and won't tuck.
mymmeryloss   +1y
If youre going to all the trouble to do a bodydrop then you better cut that pinch off and lay rocker. It just makes more sense now doesnt it?

Welcome to the bscene!
low_life77   +1y
You can always flare the bedsides like they did in the mini trucking mag a few years back. A friend of mine did this to tuck them flared it about 1 1/2 inches and fit great. The body drop/ bag set up will determine weather or not you will lay out on pinches or on rockers. I agree with Chris, if you are wanting to do a body drop mine as well trim the pinches and lay rockers Do your research is all I can say. There are plenty of build threads on here that will more than likely have exactly what you are looking for. See what others have done/are using to get the drop you want to achieve.
caraudiojay   +1y
Thanks for all the info guys it's really appreciated!!!!

Got another question for ya......

So i want to know what the difference in time/money/work between laying pinch laying rocker and then actually cutting into the rocker and doing a flat plate like Josh's truck...... Obviously the cutting and the welding but if I am already laying pinch and wanted to go to rocker or cut the rocker to make it lay flat what else changes???? Do I need to relocate or modify does it cause us to have to by something else does it effect wheel size or tuck can I still use my stock control arms??? .....

I just wanna make sure we don't cut into the rockers and then realize we could have saved $1000 and 40 extra hours of work if we would have just layed pinch or just cut or rolled the pinch to the bottom of the rockers......

Thanks again for the help guys I'm just trying to get down a solid game plan so we don't get in over our heads or run outta budget money not trying to spend 10 grand to get this truck bagged lol
Page 1 of 1