threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Why 3/8 valves over 1/2 now?

Why 3/8 valves over 1/2 now?

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2038
replies 14
following 14

oldschool   +1y
Why does it seem that air ride setups are going back in time...Everyone now seems to prefer slower 3/8 valves...The last time I had a bagged mini which was about 10yrs ago lol....1/2 was where it was at.....Can you guys explain why 3/8 is better all of a sudden? thanks...
modplant   +1y
I remember those days. I think speed and hopping just isn't the cool thing to have any more. I agree with mml 3/8 is plenty and if you use hard line it will be even faster. You could use 1/4 for dumps.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2
mymmeryloss   +1y
Yup. Up fast. Down slow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lilboski26   +1y
I'm running 1/2 inch valves on mine. The only reason I'm thinking of going to 3/8 is to run the accuair system.
lowlyfe   +1y
Even 3/8" valves hop the front on full lift at 175 psi on our setup. Drop is too fast in my opinion as well. Slams the truck on the ground if you dont pulsate the switch.
mazdizzle   +1y
I have all 1/2 on mine and it's fast but fairly easy to control with the avs box and the rocker switches.
mjavy7   +1y
I had a combination of both with speed in mind. Up front I had 1/2 up and 3/8 down, on the back I had 3/8 up and 1/2 down.
With that said 3/8 would have don just fine with enough PSI.
vsawmike   +1y
The larger lines allow for a fast up or down if you want. You can always add adjustable valves on them to adjust to what you need at the time.
slammed83mazda   +1y
Because 1/2 is to violent on small trucks. I run 3/8 valves with 1/8" slow downs and running 1/4" line in the rear. Maybe I am getting old but I enjoy the comfort of the ride that I can slowly adjust any corner easily.
onebadkota   +1y
I have 1/2 on my Dakota...It was stupidly too fast/drastic...Ive got everything slowed down now...

3/8 for the Mazda....Seems to be much better