Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Trying to bag the rear

Trying to bag the rear

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1630
replies 9
following 7

87lowrider   +1y
Hey I'm gunna start bagging the rear of my 87 b2000 ext cab next month and I was wondering what exactly will I need ? A 4 link or something
I have 1000 as far as to get all the frame work and rear set up I plan on doing the front sometime in the fall any advice would be great never done anything like this before. But I am trying to lay frame and eventualy tuck 22s
Bushwickbill   +1y
I would suggest a bag on bar 3 link if you wannt to lay out on 22s and still untuck them. You will need to move your gas tank to the rear, notch the frame and get a 3 link that would work best for your application. Build a drive shaft cross member to attach the front on the 4 link the go from there mounting the bags on the bars and building upper mounts for them.then I normally mount my shocks from the lower bar to the inside of the notch. Quality air ride has 3 link kits that would most likely work for you
87lowrider   +1y
Quick question if I "Z" the frame will I still have to "C" notch the rear? Or should I just do a C notch. I'm new to all this but from what I understand with a z notch I could just put the 4 link straight to where the leaf springs bolt up to?
lowlyfe   +1y
A z notch has nothing to do with a c notch. You should read all you can on here and other sites as well as all the build logs to get a better understanding of everything so you can decide what would be best for you. There is alot of info to take in if you want to do the job correctly
87lowrider   +1y
I keep looking for info on frames and such but a lot of the post are old and most of the pics don't work any more so it's difficult to figure out... I was going to order a universal bag kit and c notch it and call it a day but I was told I needed a 4link so I held off it and I seen a truck with a z'd frame and I really liked how the tank wouldn't be on so close to the floor when slamed (if I moved It to the back )
mymmeryloss   +1y
Its gonna take a little more than a universal kit to lay out on 22's
fdugn545   +1y
Just remember there really is a science to bagging the rear of anything. It's all about geometry and such. You don't want travel on your pinion angle. I too am trying to source parts to bag the back half of my truck.

Keep us updated,

Fred

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
gwjvw   +1y
How much does it cost to bag the rear? I want some 18inch rims or smaller. Do they ride good bagged in the rear?
lowlyfe   +1y
Cost depends on alot of things. You can do it with used stuff for very little cash, or go crazy and spend a few thousand on just the rear. What type of bag setup are you wanting? Type of link suspension? Electrical or manual valves? Individual control for each corner? Will you be doing the instal or paying a shop? You need a frame notch too. Air fittings cost alot in the end too, factor atleast 100 just for them. Oh and compressors....

87, you should go through the build log section here and read them page for page to get a better understanding of what you're wanting to do. My build log, mymmryloss, kovz, tuckin20s and many others have detailed information with pics for you to look at.
rcogan   +1y
laying frame on 22's is big time job, especially to someone new to suspension work
Your rear suspension can be 2 link w/ panhard bar..
Or 3 link(prolly most recommended)
Or 4 link(most people run triangulated)

Bag on bar is your best option for ride quality and having any chance of untucking larger wheels/tires

I just recently did a wishbone 3link, then added 2 rear lift bars making it a 5 link
Gas tank in stock location(just lifted up so it doesn't hit ground)
Metalworxinc out of North Carolina can build you a 3link "kit" if you send them the measurements and will leave your gas tank in stock spot, guy local to me is having one built almost perfect match to mine for like $560 shipped. I believe

Advice: Do a lot of reading, study builds, study parts and reviews
There's plenty of info on here, and most members still around are good about answering questions and helping out

Just take your time
Page 1 of 1