Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  front end questions

front end questions

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 965
replies 5
following 3

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Im looking to do a full refurbish on my front end and was curious if anyone has a link to a site that offers a full kit, or can tell me exactly what to pick up.

As far as i know i would need
Shocks
Ball Joints
Tie Rod Ends
Pittman Arms

And im sure im missing some things so.if could let me know be much appreciated thanks in advance.

Edit** 1992 B2200 xcab manual tranny
sincitylocal   +1y
I bought a steering and ball joint kit from ebay. No issues with it. I did have to put some locktite on the idler arm nut.
O'Reilly carries KYB shocks... No complaints there either.
dan woodland   +1y
Check your idler arm too (you only mentioned pitman).

I used KYB (front) and Gabriel Max Control on the rear (not available for the front of our Bs). Too bad they are nice shocks. I liked both a lot (the Gabriel saved my back from my Ford Ranger riding like a bucking bronco!). Next time I'll go all KYB.

Check your upper control arm bushings. You may be able to save them if you add a zerk fitting to each end and add grease. There should be zerk plugs in the ends from the factory if they are original.

Dan
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
I was looking at the kyb shocks, and thanks for the ebay tip, does that include everything? Bushings and all, or would that be a seperate buy? Just coverin all angles for a smooth refurbish so dont have to go back in an add anything at a later date. Probably be done over the summer. Had kybs on my irocz before going to coilovers and loved them on it. Gonna get all this done before i drop it. Plan on flippin ball joints torsion bar adjustment and 3" rear block drop. May go gas shocks on the rear but not sure yet. Probably do that after wearing the replacements out lol.

Thiz would be what im looking for correct?
sincitylocal   +1y
I haven't done bushings yet, but my 87 has almost 400,000 on the chassis, and I haven't replaced anything the front end, except for the sway bar bushings and end links. No play in that front end.
The one I did change all the steering components, is my 91 that I swapped in a V8... I think it's obvious why.

Oh yeah... that's the right kit.

Look here... |Model%3AB2200&hash=item4aaef99025&vxp=mtr
Same kit, same guy, $25 cheaper.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Thanks sin, and well ill probably leave bushings alone, but the frost heaves up north here take a toll on suspension, i only have 84k on mine, and yeah thats an obviously good reason too lol
Page 1 of 1