threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  who has air bags AND shocks on front with stock lower arms

who has air bags AND shocks on front with stock lower arms

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 6511
replies 17
following 7

rcogan   +1y
looking for people that have successfully put air bags on the front of the b-series trucks with factory upper and lower control arms AND have shocks..
I know the custom tubular, and flat plate lowers are alot more obvious on how to mount a set of shocks.
also, stock lower control arms that are triangulated(removing radius arm things) offer same options basically.

trying to see/figure out some of the ways to mount shocks on factory control arms(if possible) or if it is all but neccessary to use a triangulation setup

i have searched thru build threads, and not really having much luck

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!
mymmeryloss   +1y
I would triangulate the lowers and run shocks off of that.
rcogan   +1y
that's what I have been thinking, just curious if anyone figured out a way to mount shocks with arms not triangulated
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
I don' have pics but I used a piece of 1" heavy wall round tubing welded to the lower control arm and tapped it for a grade 8 bolt to run through the shock into the piece of tubing.Worked very well and has been driven daily for going on 6 years now.
mymmeryloss   +1y
Well there u go!
rcogan   +1y

so to make sure i understand properly, you have a piece of tubing sticking straight out from control arm, far enough to clear upper arm, threaded a bolt into the tubing, then mounted the upper tabs/plate adapter to frame?
h2omelon(nick)   +1y

Exactly. It is 1/4" wall DOM tubing.
crazykzar1   +1y
This is the way I am planing ongoing also, if someone gets to this, can you post a few pics. Or if Nick is willing to pull off a tire and show us what you did that would be fantastic!
mazdizzle   +1y
Here's a pic of mine I'm still using the factory radius rods
thread post photo
kovz   +1y
Mine look same as Mazdizzle. I pie cut the uppers, but using stock radius arm and stock lowers.

thread post photo

thread post photo