threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Some body drop questions...

Some body drop questions...

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1099
replies 2
following 3

daryncalton   +1y
I have a couple of questions as far as body dropping my ext cab B2200. It will likely be a 3/4 frame when I go to do it. Will I run into any issues as far as keeping heat and ac? Is anybody running an EDC with AC? Any issues with fitting under the stock hood? Running a 2x3 frame will I still have to cut a bunch of the floor for the frame rails? I just wonder this because my buddy's Isuzu Pup had to do this and it's not very convenient with it being a manual trans. What to do with my gas tank? I am going for a stock look so keeping the stock tank would be ideal and I would love to be able to keep the fuel door. I will be raising the bed floor and putting the air tank, battery, and compressor under the bed. I'm sure I will come up with more questions.
customkev89   +1y
there will always be problems or snags you might run into its just how well you solve those problems. every truck is different most commonly the drive shaft tunnel will need to be modified in a stock floor BD as far as the cab floor goes, but you will also need to fab new cab mounts and other things as well. gas tank can be raised in stock location if you run a 3 link or wishbone type link that clears the tank. and the gas door can be used if you do not run too big of wheels hope this helps
lowlyfe83   +1y
It sounds like your wanting to do a stock floor body drop. I don't have any info on that but depending on how much of a drop you do will change everything. Going to the pinch weld you will fit fine under the hood, going to the rockers and the hood gets close but still fits with a weber carb and trimming the hood bracing, cut out the rockers and you will likely have to drop the motor mounts.
Like Kev said, you can leave the tank in stock location if you do some type of 3link but the filler door will be an issue unless your on small wheels.
as for keeping the heat you need to watch how deep you tub the firewall because we planned to keep the heat in our BD truck but the tubs were too far in to bolt the heater parts back in. Im not sure about A/C since this truck didn't have it to begin with and I haven't seen a truck with both A/C and an EDC but it may be possible... Not sure the little engine would like it though
Page 1 of 1