threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  drive shaft noise from pinion angle?

drive shaft noise from pinion angle?

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1676
replies 6
following 3

hendrickson.fab   +1y
i have a 1992 b2200 that i picked up recently, it was bagged by someone here in spokane and when i got it it had a four link setup on it but it was improperly adjusted, i am about to set it up properly however when i was driving and moving it around there was a decent amount of noise that seemed to be coming from the driveshaft area, i was wondering what kind of damage having a bad pinion angle could cause and how i would go about determining if there is damage and where? any info or suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks
hendrickson.fab   +1y
any one have info?
baha   +1y
Kind of hard to say with out pictures, do you have a picture? Is it extended cab? I would check the carrier bearing first, that's most likely what the noise is from.
customkev89   +1y
you could also check out the u-joint's & u-joint bearing's for premature wear, if it had wicked pinion angles previously it can cause havoc on u-joints, u-joint bearings,and carrier bearings
hendrickson.fab   +1y
thanks for the responses, i will post pictures, i will check that out, would there be any chance of damage to the rear end or transmission?
hendrickson.fab   +1y
and yes its extended cab, b2200 with parallel four link, 6" bag over bar setup
customkev89   +1y
Typically on a 2 piece drive shaft thats the saving grace of the carrier bearing it wont do any damage to your transmission, the carrier bearing takes the brunt of the damage from bad pinion angles or wrong bar length, the pinion gear can also be damaged from bad pinion angles but you could definitely hear it from the rearend if that was the case. that being said i really dont know how the previous owner drove the truck they might have been rough on shifting/and damaged the transmission but i would definitely check the carrier bearing and u joints first. hope this helps
Page 1 of 1