threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Tips on bagging the front ( pics )

Tips on bagging the front ( pics )

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2445
replies 3
following 2

vajr86   +1y
thread post photo

Here is the pic of my 1983 mazda b2000 front end. already cut away all the spring mounts and plated in the hole it created. just looking for tips on mounting them. i was thinking of cutting away the recessed piece in the lower control arm and welding in the bottom bag plate then weld in the top with the arm all the way up with the bag fully deflated and making sure the top bracket is parallel with bottom when all the way up. ?? thanx
lowlyfe   +1y
Sounds like a good plan but maybe you should find a sweet spot for the bag then just tack weld everything solid before you fully weld anything. You will probably will need to weld temporary braces on the upper bag plates this way you can put air in the bags and test each side to make sure everything clears by cycling the suspension with a schraeder valve and when you finally find a good spot then you can fully weld everything in place. Next step is to take a wire brush to that frame and clean that shit up before painting it.
vajr86   +1y
Would it benefit me in any way plating the side of the frame??
lowlyfe   +1y
Its not necessary unless your frame is rotting or needs repair. If you do it anyway make sure you plug weld the plates in multiple areas to make sure they cannot tear away from the actual frame behind them.... Good stout gussets and nice welds will hold up just fine on these trucks
Page 1 of 1