threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Bag Behind Axel. good or bad?

Bag Behind Axel. good or bad?

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1671
replies 10
following 7

vajr86   +1y
i was wondering if anyone knows pros or cons on bag mounts that attach to bottom of axel and come up behind axel for the bag mounts? hope i can get some input thanx.
post photo
chaserjohndoe   +1y
could those also mount in front of the axle?
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Those brackets are made to try and keep everything below the bed. They will work just fine but I recommend tack welding them, then removing the rear axle, flip it upside down to weld them fully that way. Laying a good weld upside down isn't as easy. Of course they could be run in front of the axle. The gas tank is usually in the way.
vajr86   +1y
i was told the ride would be spongey. is that true? im a welder by trade and not worried about the over head weld. i was wondering about the ride quality.

thread post photo

this is my setup so far and i got no room so add bags infront. i was panning to use the brackets to lower the bags behind the axel and was told not to. what do you guys think. thanx for the replys!!
xgolferdude   +1y
The ride won't be as good if u use a convulted bag... As long as u run a sleeve bag it'll ride great... Both air lift and firestone make them.. stick with the sleeve and you'll be happy. Just make sure to pair it with a quality shock..
guilty by design   +1y
I tend to stay away from then due to the stress they cause on the 4 link. When the bag is placed there the weight of the truck being offset on the axle causes it to want to twist. Just sitting with the truck aired up will be pulling the upper bars back and trying to compress the lowers. This usually isn't a problem when you build your own crossmembers stout enough but ive had several guys rip out stock gas tank crossmembers running an offset bag.
vajr86   +1y
Thank for the input guys. Gonna stay away from that setup and go with a cantiliever style!
mymmeryloss   +1y
Cant lose with cantilever!
guilty by design   +1y
Cantilever or lever?? A lot of people get the 2 mixed up
vajr86   +1y
I might have it mixed up. Mounting bag on one side of the see saw. Then the heims joints on the other!! ( best way to explain it. Lol )