Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Sfbd ??? Need pics please

Sfbd ??? Need pics please

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1374
replies 9
following 4

jason eden   +1y
Hi I'm doing my sfbd soon but I would like to see pics of how others have done it My friend who works on trucks is going to help me but has never done a Mazda so I want as much info to show him. Back half I'm not worried about mostly where to and how to cut the frame and I see some people do 2 1/2 and others do 2 3/4. I'm running 20" rims and want to lay on rocker Please help with pics or links. I tried to search but couldn't find any good ones
mymmeryloss   +1y
I used 2x3. Are you chopping the top of the frame and putting square tubing inside or are you redoing the under cab section completely?
jason eden   +1y
All new is what we want to do
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Use nothing thinner than 3/16. 1/8 will work but it will sag in the middle when aired up. SFBD with 2x3 and a 1/4 inch cab mount will only get you to the pinch.
xgolferdude   +1y
That's completely false... It's s huge misconception that u have to use 3/16 or 1/4 wall on a mini truck.. on an oem frame there is ment to be some flex to a point... I'm not talking tons but it's called deflection... If u use some crazy thick material it will crack where u weld it... As long as u fish plate and use crossmembers 1/8 or even .120 wall is quite adequate... We are building mini trucks not something that has to pass nhra super gasser inspection lol. U see frames sag cuz they were built incorrectly... Just cuz it's thick wall tubbing dosent mean it's a stronger chassis...
mymmeryloss   +1y
1/8" 2x3 with fish plates for this guy...
jason eden   +1y

Thanks for the pics can I get one of the side where u tied the front clip into the new frame ? Thanks. Did u still shave the pinch And does it lay rocker ? Or not.
mymmeryloss   +1y

Ill try and get more pics. The truck lays door.
Page 1 of 1