Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Emissions delete

Emissions delete

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1230
replies 9
following 6

wealllovemeth   +1y
Okay if somebody could give me a hand here or redirect me to a thread I need that would be great. But here is the skinny. I'm in the works of bagging my 91 b22 and I got the rear end all laced up....but the problem is I need to shave or relocate a lot of the vacuum components in the front right side of the engine bay. What I'm asking is what all can I delete/plug. I don't want to go in there all Rambo removing things and what not. I know I need the distributor advance but that's about it. It has the 2.2 liter carb engine btw. 5speed manual. Please help me lol
wealllovemeth   +1y
Owe and also I still have stock carb and I would like to keep it. It just has to much stuff to try to relocate.
sincitylocal   +1y
Most, if not all, who tuck wires and delete vacuum lines, have converted to a Weber.
If you keep the stock carburetor, you can't delete the emissions stuff and still expect to have a running engine.
wealllovemeth   +1y
Owe poopy! I just wanna go in there and rip that stuff out! I guess I could probably try to hide that stuff somewhere that won't get destroyed by tucked 22s. I sapose moving that stuff to the firewall couldn't hurt
91extcab   +1y
You'll not be happy unless you change to a Weber. Better mpg's, more power, less clutter. You can't go wrong with a weber...
tuna   +1y

Here is a link on how to get rid of your emissions and how to do a wire tuck:

jiffyzx6   +1y
Why would you want to keep the stock carb? I can't wait to ditch mine and get a weber. Would make life so much easier, cleaner engine bay, more power and it's a pretty cheap upgrade
Cusser   +1y
If you go Weber and your location has emissions testing for your truck, remember to attach unused vacuum outlets to each other with vacuum lines, Arizona guys didn't like when they could now see vacuum ports with caps. These ports were only visible after going to Weber with smaller air cleaner than the stock carb.

So save the stock air cleaner housing, in case you need to fabricate a way for that to sit on top of the Weber air cleaner, at least on day of testing.
wealllovemeth   +1y
I just don't want to spend the money on it and I think the stock one looks pretty cool under the hood with some airbrush art on it. I might do it in the future but that's the future.
wealllovemeth   +1y
Wow tuna I totally seen that thread before and for some reason completely forgot about it. Blonde moment lol. Thanks a lot!!
Page 1 of 1