threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Has anyone built there own rear trailing arms?

Has anyone built there own rear trailing arms?

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1573
replies 6
following 3

charlesskelter   +1y
I'm as low as i'm going to get in the rear with my static drop so i'm looking ahead. I'm going to build a three link set up, and want to build a set of trailing arms that go right in place of the leaf springs. Anyone done this before that can give me aside on tubing size, wall thickness etc?
baha   +1y
I think you're talking about a 2 link. What are you going to use in place of the leaf springs to hold the truck up?

The size of the tubing you need will depend on what is holding the truck up and where it mounts.
lowlyfe   +1y
From what I am gathering, he's basically wanting to mount the lower link bars on the stock leaf spring hangers.

Either way, for tubing size I don't know the bar length measurement you will need but I'd suggest 1.5" OD x .250" wall thick DOM tubing is what I used and it's stout but pricey... Ordering it online saved me over half the cost of getting it local.
charlesskelter   +1y
Instead of the leaf springs I will have trailing arms. I will use the third link to keep the axle from shifting forward or rearward throughout the suspension travel. My suspension will be hydraulics and I plan to work around my factory gas tank to set up and keep everything below the factory bed floor for maximum utility. I've attached a picture from twistedminis to show a three link set up.

thread post photo
charlesskelter   +1y
Lowlyfe - thanks for the suggestion. I'd rather go n the side of overkill than have something flimsy even if it takes a bit longer to save for.
lowlyfe   +1y
Oh just so you know, since your planning on running an adjustable suspension and want to lay frame, the link bars might not clear the ground when mounted to the stock leaf spring mounts..... Somebody else will know for sure but that's what I remember reading.
charlesskelter   +1y
It will get me close enough. I don't need to drag the entire frame or body on the ground, but thanks for looking out. To lay frame the front mounts do need to be moved rearward on the frame so they don't sit so low.
Page 1 of 1