threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Need help selecting rear leaf springs 4 pop up camper

Need help selecting rear leaf springs 4 pop up camper

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1199
replies 5
following 3

wageslaveescapist   +1y
Hi everyone, I got a pop up camper for my 1983 Mazda B2200 Diesel. It sure does sag in the back and I could use some help selecting new heavy duty leaf springs, or helper springs or something. My friend was saying we could go to pull-a-part and find some leaf springs, would that work? I would think I would have to find some specific model and I wouldn't know where to start. The camper is pretty lightweight, under 800 pounds probably. Oh and I cut down the behemoth 8' wide bed. Anyone have some low budget, quality springs to recommend? I've done some shopping on JC Whitney and I don't know which is the best. Thanks

thread post photo
wageslaveescapist   +1y
Anyone?
guilty by design   +1y
I would try adding 1 or more stock leafs. If you put a heavier spring in it seems it may hold the weight but make it ride stiffer? I think another mazda leaf would be better.
ram23   +1y
I have this set up on my truck making it almost a 1 ton (more than 3/4 ton). I did not put this on my truck, I bought it with it.
wageslaveescapist   +1y
Ok, thanks guys, so just look for a mazda in the junkyard, then add them like in that picture? Where can I get that extra spring mount, or is it an existing part? Would it be better to just buy a spring helper from jcwhitney?
ram23   +1y
I don't have a clue, I bought it like this, you will have to ask someone with more experience on this. Just wanted to add another idea!
Page 1 of 1