Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Some rear suspension questions

Some rear suspension questions

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1283
replies 6
following 6

norcallumps   +1y
Ok, I hope I don't get flammed for this, but I have been question. I'm returning to the scene from a 10 year hiatus.My buddy had a Nissan that was bagged... I guess you can say it was old school. Single compressor 1/4" line and 5 gal tank. Dash controls. The rear bags were mounted on the de-arched leaf springs. His front front spring hangers were cut down. It layed frame and rode nice. Is there anything wrong with a similar setup, with the eception of large air line, valves and dual compressors.If I remember a shop in Oroville or Chico CA did the work. Thanks.
89mazdalade   +1y
me personally i wouldnt run a bag on leaf springs do to fatiguing the leaf springs and could possibly snap and could hurt u or people around u especially if what ur sayin running a faster air system larger lines bigger compressors like the set-up u mentioned 1/4 lines 1 compressor sounded more like a park and lay set-up im running 1/4 lines on my air ride technologies kit works great for being on my daily but now air ride tech came out with the 3/8 valve manifold so ima get that get a little bit more speed lifting and dropping
fdugn545   +1y
I've often wondered about the whole bag on leaf idea being that I'm a relatively low income person but I've managed to steer clear of this on due to the fact that mines a daily and how unsafe it really is. If you were to go this route you might as well just 2link with panhard bar you would be better off than with just leafs and much safer... IMO... But i am in nobway an expert hell I may not even known what I'm talking about!
norcallumps   +1y
Well, I have been thinking of just going static or 2 link. Either way I have to keep the cost down.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
I put bags over leaves on a ranger once. He had a flip kit, de-arched leafs, drop hangers and shackles. When we notched it, it layed frame. We put some bags on it to lift it up. Safer than air shocks IMO. Getting a mazda to lay with leaves will take z-ing the rear frame with some dearched leaves a big lowering block and a notch. Leaf springs are ultra tough, I dont see 6-8 inches of travel hurting anything. Pinion angle will be your biggest prob.
lowlyfe   +1y
Im not trying to talk you out of bagging your truck but just so you know, the cost will add up quick and before you know it you could be upwards of $1000 or more depending on the equipment you decide to use and that's with you doing all of your own work.
91extcab   +1y

if you were to z the rear frame... why would you then notch it and still use big blocks...? i've got a 3in z behind my cab, and 3in blocks on a static and if i were to bag the rear now i'd be able to lay out without the addition of another notch of any sort (like a c notch in addition to the z)... just curious as to why you believe you'd need a rear frame z, a c notch, or even small axle notch, dearched springs AND a set of big drop blocks... your logic confuses me.
Page 1 of 1