Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  RE-7's and CanDo arms

RE-7's and CanDo arms

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2529
replies 11
following 2

lowlyfe   +1y
Anybody here running a set of cando arms along with the 7" bags up front? Im curious if the frame will still need to be notched in order to run the 7's up there since the cando arms free up some space over the stock arms for the bag to sit.
selfbuiltrods   +1y
I pocketed the frame all the way to the inside wall...

thread post photo

However, I'm 3/4 of an inch narrower on each side.
lowlyfe   +1y
Why is your setup 3/4" narrower on each side? Also did you gain anymore lift by pocketing the frame or was it mainly for clearance?
selfbuiltrods   +1y
More turning radius at a lower ride height, and absolutely! The closer your bag is to the pivot point, the more lift you get. My thing is, with the length of my lower, the bag is 50/50 on the arm so i get equal lift and ride quality.
lowlyfe   +1y
I got ya, What did you do to keep the structural integrity of the UCA mount? Im trying to come up with ideas to re-inforce the area cause it seems fairly weak on my brothers truck but we havent plated anything yet.
selfbuiltrods   +1y

about a third of the way down the page
lowlyfe   +1y
Perfect. That's what I was looking for.
Thanking You!
selfbuiltrods   +1y
Note that setup uses one off control arms. Good luck with your build.
lowlyfe   +1y
I seen that, Mainly i was looking at the pocket and gusseting that you did. It looks nice and durable too.
selfbuiltrods   +1y
Thanks man, its not done yet. Notice how there's an upper and lower set of holes on the control arm mount? The front is going to have cantilever shocks mounted to a hoop that goes over the motor, and those lower set of holes is where its going to bolt in, so that too will really strengthen it up. I should get a lot of headway on the truck next week, Im sending the wife and kids on a vacation!