Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  PRE 84 front bag questions

PRE 84 front bag questions

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1460
replies 10
following 4

luvmy83   +1y
what kind of problems can i expect trying to lay out with behind the tire steering and how do i solve them i am running stock rims and tires
this is what i want

this is what i got

post photo
post photo
post photo
trplezro   +1y
Should have no problems if the front is bagged correctly. Cut off the spring "bell", weld a filler piece in the hole that it creates in the frame. And weld in a "torsion" style bag kit. Cut out the inner fenders for clearance. Some need to piecut the upper arms, some dont, most do though

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

The gussets are facing downward on the courier, just forgot to take pics
luvmy83   +1y
ok thank you i was wondering if the tie rod ends will bind when layed out? will i have to z the frame or not i am praying to the Mazda gods that i dont have to
trplezro   +1y
No to both. Tie rods don't bind or hit the frame when laid out. They get close bit don't hit. You do not have to z the frame. The lower arms will hit the ground first, but as long as you're not draggin the nose or hitting it while rolling it won't hurt anything. My courier for some reason laid flat frame and crossmember all together my Mazda the crossmember/lower arms laid out and then the rear behind the cab. The nice thing is these trucks have a low body line that'll basically make it look like it lays flat either way
luvmy83   +1y
Awesome!! you have no idea how much better that makes me feel
trplezro   +1y
Glad I could help, feel free to hit me up with any more questions ya have about it.
slammed83mazda   +1y
Mine did the same thing as jacob, but once I took a good notch of the arms. The entire frame lays flat now. Good info sir!
luvmy83   +1y
awesome i most likely will hit you up
trplezro   +1y
Sounds good man, I try to answer people as soon as my phone notifies me, unless I'm asleep of course haha
luvmy83   +1y
ok cool