threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  1/2 or 3/8 line from edc?

1/2 or 3/8 line from edc?

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1127
replies 9
following 6

mazdizzle   +1y
Talked to the guy at the parker store about making me a line to go from the sanden 708 edc to the tank. Would 3/8 be fine or should I go 1/2? I'm going to drill and tap the back of the compressor so I may not have room to do a 1/2 I'll have to look
modplant   +1y
I would do 1/2 if possible. That's going to be a nice set up!
elbine69   +1y
I dont think theres enough room to go up to 1/2" if I am remembering right.
mazdizzle   +1y
Didn't get a chance to pull the compressor off tonight I'll get to it one day this week. I'm thinking 3/8 is the largest I can go I did some reading on using the sanden for an edc and alot of people are taping the back for 3/8 npt and I didn't see any that were using 1/2
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
i have a sanden 708 edc.. the back plate was tapped to 3/8 npt, for both inlet and outlet, i put a small valve cover breather on the inlet, ran 3/8s to a oil/water separator then back to a 5 gallon tank. when i frist fill the tank 0-200psi at idle it filled in approx 1min30seconds. then from 165-200 in about 45seconds. driving down the interstate 65+ mph. 165-200 in about 10-15 seconds, insanely fast compaired to any york or similar compressor on the market.
mazdizzle   +1y
I have a 12 gallon tank so it's going to take a bit longer than that to fill but it should do the job. Your compressor is converted to grease right? I haven't decided if I want to try it or just run an inline oiler
mazdizzle   +1y
Another question not really related to the edc but I noticed my tank is only rated at 150 psi as most of the other tanks I have seen. How safe is it to run at 200 psi? Seems like a lot of people run above 150 psi and don't have problems
unusualfabrication   +1y

My York 209sc fills 10 gallons in a little bit longer than that. All times will vary depending on the RPM of the engine, pressure switch, and the amount of reserve built into the system. Also i've had mine on for about tens years so it's not as fresh as it once was, lol.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y

yeah its greased. if you do an inline oiler, id suggest also doing an oil/water separator on the outlet side. my separator got trashed cause of the amount of grease it spit out when i first started using it.
hunterw   +1y
i would tap 3/8s and run 1/2 in line
Page 1 of 1