Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Bag on bar set up question

Bag on bar set up question

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 6568
replies 9
following 7

mazdizzle   +1y
I have a suicide doors super lift super pivot 4 link on my truck and the brackets they sent me mount the bag off the side of the lower bar. I see the kits they have now the bag mounts directly on top of the bar. Does it really matter if it's dead center or off the side of the bar some? Here's how it looks
thread post photo
mazdaman82   +1y
Having the bags set off set like that, puts a lot of stress on the bushings and they were out faster..that's one reason why they changed to putting the bag centered over the link
jchristian   +1y
I have the exact same thing on my truck and when the truck lifts up for the first time it will kick the bars off to the inside and they wont ever straighten out. Also mine are almost dead center they might be off a hair but will still kick them to the inside. And I agree with Mazdaman82 they will get worn out sooner.
mazdizzle   +1y
So I guess I'll be ordering the other brackets. Sucks because I already have it all welded up
dropped90(justin)   +1y
I dont see what it would hurt honestly. I mean honestly how often do people wear there bushings out anyways?

-Justin
bagdb2200   +1y

With the plates offset like that people actually can wear through them pretty quick depending on how much they drive.
twitchvoodoo   +1y
had mine on for about three years and have not worn out a set of bushings.. tweaked the bars a bit but other then that nothing.. and i drive about 120 miles to work round trip,, haha and im a switch hittin whore.
trplezro   +1y
I've seen lots of people put a bar that connects the lower link bars. Using some hyme joints and a mild bend for the drive shaft. It keeps the bars from twisting like they're talking about. But it still allows for side to side movements.
mazdizzle   +1y
Well maybe I'll run it like this and see what happens. If it becomes a problem I can change it.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
I just see no reason to cut that setup off and spend all the money for new mounts and time for welding because the bushings may where out sooner. I would just about bet that a regular setup would never have to have bushings changed over the life of the truck. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to have to change the bushings 5 years from now.

-Justin
Page 1 of 1