Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Compressor wiring

Compressor wiring

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1300
replies 9
following 7

mazdadropped   +1y
hey guys do i absolutely need to run a pressure switch? is it a must have ?

if not how should i run my compressors would i still need to run the relays or just ground and power help me out i need to get this hooked up this weekend
baha   +1y
YES you need one, it's a fail over in case you forget that your compressor is on.
baha   +1y
You have a fuse between the battery and the compressors too right? That is an absolute must have.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
you need to fuse, relay, and pressure switch it. i even put another safty feature in and put a toggle to control it all
johnnydigits   +1y
I didnt run a pressure switch. I ran a toggle switch to an 80 amp relay that was fused as well. I also had a light in the dash that was on and bright red when the comps were on. So no, its not a must, just don't forget to turn them off.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
Please please run a pressure switch. There is absolutely no reason too. Pressure switch cost like 30 bucks. You can chance it with a toggle switch and no pressure switch but it will end up burning you i promise and cost you way more in the long run. RUN A PRESSURE SWITCH!!!! no questions asked.

-Justin
crush   +1y
Lemme help you out MazdaDropped. Follow these to the tee and you shouldnt have any problems. I would add a feture though. A toggle switch inline between the battery and the relay, that way you can kill power going to your compressor if you have any problems.

You should consider an AC compressor rebuild and use it as onboard air, then use your electric compressor as a back up

thread post photo
mazdadropped   +1y
the only thing ive done is ran the 12v line to the relay (87)
i need to get 8 guage wire so i can finish the wiring for it

but does the pressure switch have to hook up to a air tank ??

i have two(2) viair 480 compressors (chrome) and two(2) air tanks Three(3)ports/gallons
one(1) port per tank runs to four(4) valves,one(1) port per tank for compressors,Two(2)ports left over
i was planning on running a airline to a gauge per tank

i only have one(1) pressure switch and two(2) tanks do i need a second switch
what should i do ?
mazdadropped   +1y
hooked up the ground to the relays (85) wired it to a fuse holder(30) just need a fuse and connection to the battery , both relays are wired to one pressure switch still not sure if i need one switch per compressor the say to use upto a 60 amp fuse what do u guys usually run ? and do i need two fuses since i have two compressors any help will be greatly appreciated , i will be cutting new frame rails soon once they are installed on the truck ill be bringing it home most of the bodydrops done cant wait
outlawkt   +1y
maybe i missed it in this thread but did u guys say each comp needs a pressure switch or will 1 do for all?
Page 1 of 1