Page 1 of 3
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  channeling front frame

channeling front frame

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2719
replies 23
following 7

dropped90(justin)   +1y
Alright guys the front of my truck was bagged a few years ago and i can untuck my 17s by like 5 inches and my lift is limited because my stock uppers hit the upper bag plate. Gonna be redoing the front and channeling the frame and sinking the bag in deep. For all of you guys that is running this setup do your arms still hit the upper plate or is running tubular arms the only way im getting around this? post some pics if you have some please

-Justin
splinter   +1y
Im running stock stuff with no cut in the frame and i dont hit the upper arm. Do you still have the tabs on your upper arm for stops? Those need to be removed. When welding upper bag mount, get it centered in arm as best as possible. I'm laying on 235/30/20 with no spindle and no cut in frame.
mazdadropped   +1y
im going to be running 18s with a re7 up front , im going to notch my frame and try to use stock spindles , pie cut my upper arm and possible the lower to re angle the ball joint , possibly going to flip the ball joints watch my build thread to see how i do it we are working on the drivers side right now
mazdaman82   +1y
i would rather have the arm hit the plate then to have it air up so much the spindle hits the bag or the arm comes down and hits the bag
dropped90(justin)   +1y
Yes im pretty sure those tabs are cut off. honestly dont remember if i cut them off or not. And you cant really line the bag up in the center of upper arm cuz then it would be off on the bottom.

-Justin
splinter   +1y
Its the front tab on arm that needs cutting off, if i remember right. I just cut off both. The bracket will sit perfectly inside the arm and give you the lift you need.
hunterw   +1y
mine was also hitting and limiting my lift. you can sink the bag into the frame with a decent size notch and that will gain you some more travel. i would also make sure to find where your ball joints max out too. as you dont want to go through all that trouble to find out your ball joints bind at 1/2 inch more lift. in my setup up. i notched the frame in 1.25 inches, bent my lower tubular control arm 14.5 degrees and im running slam SS6 bags. the only limit in my suspension travel is my upper ball joint.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
well im plannning on redoing the front anyways because i bent one of my upper plates hopping the truck. So im gonna cut them back out and channel this time.

-Justin
dropped90(justin)   +1y
Anybody else?

-Justin
bagged2.2   +1y
i have re7s on the front of mine... notched the frame and get three or four inches over my caddies on a 3 inch bd...when its all the way up i get positive camber...