threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Cheap replacement drag blocks... shhhh dont tell SD

Cheap replacement drag blocks... shhhh dont tell SD

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 8856
replies 19
following 14

nssj   +1y
i know people who have used tow balls for drag blocks on s-10s, worked ok, but have also bent their frames where it was attached. I noticed our trucks frame is boxed all around. harder to bend, but no real ideal spot to put a tow ball.

so, got a SD drag block kit, easy install since i dont have a welder at the moment.
got a 7/8 hole saw, though id recommend going down one size since they seem to cut a bit larger than 7/8...
drilled center, between the holes(plenty of room, doubt it will weaken the mount).
thread post photo

Now have the option to use $6 walmart replacement "drag blocks" as well. the do hang lower, and may not be the safest thing to drag, but when moneys tight, makes a nice alternative....
slammed83mazda   +1y
Thats ghetto as hell, not to mention looks goofy when your riding down the road.

Sorry just not a fan of trailer balls at all. Quick and easy way for a accident when they fly through someones windsheild.
charlesskelter   +1y
Insta-ban?

Don't spread this dangerous shit around. I would beat someone to death if they hurt someone I cared about doing that stupid shit. No exageration. Not cool, cute, or funny.
solow   +1y
plain stupid.. just think what will happen if you hit a crack in the road while dragging that thing !!
baddawg253   +1y
ya i agree prob not the safest way to drag. i built a drag bar for my buddys s10 just welded up some 2x2 box and some 1 inch solid steel for the bottom works great ! and you dont see anything hanging down.
lilbuddha   +1y
cool thats not bad, trailer balls have always worked well for me, im kinda past the dragging part of my life,
i'd rather drag a trailer ball then how i dragged and had to reweld my front crossmember on my 81 so many times
shellhart   +1y

agree have seen it happen a few times and know a guy who it happend to and hit him right in the chest... trailer balls are good for towing and not dragging... i wish people would stop using them so people wont get hurt or damage other peoples rides.. drag frame or body or atleast build a drag bar or dont drag... drag blocks are for cheaters
twitchvoodoo   +1y
in defense of everyone telling him to use drag blocks because tow balls break off and hit shit,, i have used drag blocks on a number of my trucks and have had at least three of my blocks break off and hit peoples cars and had to repair their cars... just a thought.. drag bar is the way to go i think..
twitchvoodoo   +1y
in defense of everyone telling him to use drag blocks because tow balls break off and hit shit,, i have used drag blocks on a number of my trucks and have had at least three of my blocks break off and hit peoples cars and had to repair their cars... just a thought.. drag bar is the way to go i think..
bodybagged   +1y
2011 and people are still doing this