threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Any pictures of front hydraulic setups?

Any pictures of front hydraulic setups?

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 1688
replies 10
following 5

charlesskelter   +1y
I'd like to see the ways people mount cylinders up front.
paparoach1983   +1y
look up tre5 his build was featured in minitruckin last year i think. its a all black mazda 2200 looks killer.

this is is build thread he also works with hydroholics wich has all hydro stuff at a decent preice.
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
Also checkout Linn's truck. Heres a link to his build thread, I know he has pics of his front cylinders. If you have any questions he should be able to help you out, and hes a super cool guy to talk to.

immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Thanks for the kind words Dave. Charles, my first question for you would probably be do you want to run accumulators w/o springs up front? Or do you prefer to run springs with slide mounts for the cylinders?
charlesskelter   +1y
I've seen Tre5's build. Probably seen every build thread he's done. Haha I dig his work but it's not what I'm looking for. I will not be z-ing the frame or anything like that which changes the dynamic. I also don't have the budget for yubular control arms or the ability to fab them myself. If anyone wants to sponsor me though i'd be more than glad to whore myself out.

I will look through Linn's build thread.

Linn - I'm going to use accumulators, no springs, I like the better ride quality and extra cleanliness of just running lines and cylinders up front and hidong the rest.

I already have 2 pumps 4 dumps and a set of 8's, 10's and 12's I will rebuild before using. Right now I would like to just get the front sorted out. I have 2 different plans of attack for the rear, but those I need to decide on once i have the funds and tools to set it up as I want it.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Sounds like you have a good plan. One thing I would suggest would be to design your upper cylinder mount so that it allows for some left/right pivioting as visualized from the drivers seat. The lower control arm moves in an arc and most likely you will have a heim joint for your lower cylinder mount. I believe Tre5's setup allowed this.
dubd dawg   +1y
heres how mine are mounted very dirty been sitting all winter..

thread post photo
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
For mounting the upper part of the cylinder, the above is exactly what I was thinking about. Nice setup you have there DubD.
charlesskelter   +1y
Linn - I indeed was planing for a method of mounting which allowed for pivoting of the cylinder. I assume with yours you have an issue with having to replace the pvc after time, depending on how often it's driven? I dig your truck, though I did like the Version 4 the best. Do you have a build thread for your green truck?

Dubddawg - thank you! That's exactly what I want to go with. I don't like how the other pivoting setups I've seen set the cylinder so far outward and in to the upper arms rewiring trimming on the stock arms. Yours looks like it would prevent that. Can you tell me exactly how it pivots? It looks like its just a piece of proper sized piping with two threaded buns welded to the sides and two bolts go through the mounting tabs to hold it all in place. Is this correct? Big thanks for the picture.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y

Actually with the coil springs and the way the PVC is mounted i have not noticed any wear issues. Version 4 of the truck did win many awards but was just too heavy to drive around which is kinda the direction I am currently going with it. The above link is for the green truck.