threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Anyone have 89 B2200 first time bag fitting/parts list

Anyone have 89 B2200 first time bag fitting/parts list

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 5009
replies 11
following 4

dstovall1019   +1y
Does anyone have a pretty good list of whats needed to bag my 89 B2200? I mean from switches, fittings, gauges and stuff thats not listed with the link I post? I am going to buy a new bag kit and want to make sure I order everything I need so when I get it and start to hook it up I dont have to wait on a bunch of little stuff like fittings unless I can run down the road and get them at the local auto or hardware store.

The kit im looking at buying in the next day or so:

fastonthetrack   +1y
Well your gonna need alot of things, Link setup (2, 3, or 4 link maybe even 6 link or whatever)

Front back brackets/mounts

Fittings (depends on what size lines you want to run, your valves are 1/2" so may as well go 1/2" all the way around)

Tank

I would recommend some good quality 8 or 9 conductor wire for the clean look and then misc wire to wire everything up tight.

lots of time to cut and weld.

Switch box or switches

i highly recommend shocks.

... make sure you map it all out and once it looks good, begin! Theres always more to it than people lead on. It took me about a month of constant work to get my truck to lay frame working by myself with a bag on bar setup, Keep in mind i didnt buy any parts or bracketry, i made it all so that took a shit load of time.
dstovall1019   +1y
How do I determine which link setup I need? Can that be made or ordered?
fastonthetrack   +1y
I made mine, and they make them in all different sizes, all four of my link bars are 26.5"
dstovall1019   +1y
Is there a certain location for them? I have read that reverse is not good?
fastonthetrack   +1y
Yeah look at the build threads, theres alot of ways to do it, no specific way. I recommend a triangulated 4 link. My build thread is called Draggin' Meat
hunterw   +1y
you might also consider 4 more valves too.

and depending on how you do the rear of the frame you will need either a

c notch or

"Z" the frame, you will need some plating to do that.

id do a 5 to 8 gallon tank

youll need front bag bracket set...like this

as far as your 4 link you have some options to consider.....

do you want to go bags on axle? or do you want to go bags on lower 4 link bar? that will determine what 4 link to get.

if you went bag on bar id get this kit...

gauges might be something youd like to consider as well.

running 2 big compressors like, i would lookinto an alternator switch and a better then stock battery to keep up with the demand that the compressor will ask for.

you will also need to figure out what your gonna do as far as your rear brakelines. they will have to be adjusted or new ones made.

and your gas tank will have to be addressed. you can try and leave it in stock location, or move it into the bed. or get a different tank all together and relocate somewhere else
fastonthetrack   +1y
Yeah, Hunter is right, i didnt have to do anything about my brake lines though!
hunterw   +1y
i did. well still do LOL
fastonthetrack   +1y
Hmm. Well you need alot more drop rollin 20s as well.