Page 1 of 2
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  Reverse 4 link

Reverse 4 link

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2579
replies 13
following 8

exile_pearson   +1y
So I'm thinking of doing a reverse 4 link on my isuzu spacecab, and everyone i talk to about doing it reverse try to talk me out of it. Talking about losing traction when braking to hard, when you hit the gas pedal the rear of the vehicle will lift up just stuff like that.

So what do you guys think?

(oh! i no this is a mazda site. but no one is on isuzu scene)
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
I would never install a reverse four link. I owned an extra cab mazda that someone installed a reverse four link, what I mainly didnt like was when you smashed the gas it felt like the back of the truck wanted to lift up instead of squat down. I never had to brake hard in that truck, but I could only imagine the back would try to lift abit under hard braking. But i know for a fact it had alot of pinion angle change through its travel that was probably killing the rear U joint.
bagdb2200   +1y
They are correct. A reverse 4 link's vehicle dynamics are all backwards. So it does the opposite of what it's supposed to. People who support them either never drive their truck spirited enough for the effects to be immediately noticeable, or they don't know how a car is supposed to react so they don't interpret it as something bad.
paparoach1983   +1y
i cant beleive they came out with those i know minitruckin did an article about this and they test drove a bolt on reverse setup for 5000 miles or something with no issues but still its a bad idea just go with the tried and true setup man.
iculookn42   +1y
Push a broom through the grass then pull it through the grass. Same concept with a 4link if you needed a visual.
fastonthetrack   +1y
Street trucks did an article on a FS Chev ex cab, they drove it a total of 65,000 miles over 4 years with no issues. But the issues lie where everyone has said, try it out and let everyone know how it went, and if you dont like it... change it!
nc4life   +1y
Not a big fan of them. Stay away from them if you can!!!!
paparoach1983   +1y

thank you dallas this is what i was talking about i just got the place mixed up.
fastonthetrack   +1y
No prob dood.
exile_pearson   +1y
Thanx guy that helped all. no Reverse 4 link for me