threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Adjustable Suspension \  shitty air lift dominator bags???

shitty air lift dominator bags???

Mazda Adjustable Suspension Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 4367
replies 9
following 8

twitchvoodoo   +1y
has anyone had a problem with these bags??? ive gon through like 4 bags already, they just pop and get little tears and shit.. seem like they are cheaply made.. whats a good bag for the front???
v8mazda4ever   +1y
I would go with slam specialty bags i have never had a problem with them and have used them for years on alot of rides
fastonthetrack   +1y
No bag not even "denominators" should just rip, Maybe you should look into the cause. But if that is the case, i blew an RE 7 in like 2 weeks. But my RE6s are holding up just fine. I like Slam, they have a great product, i didnt like the firestones. A lot of people like the Air lift stuff and swear by them.
baddawg253   +1y
ya man i have 2500 and 2600 firestones . there torn at the top and bottom but still work just fine ..they ride really nice , but ya im ganna get new ones !
onebadkota   +1y
Ive not dealt with dominators personally.....I have 2500lb firestones for about 4 yrs. on the dakota...They did great....Still have them in the front.... The back developed wear/a tear in the outer layer close to where the bag met up with the plate of it...... So now I went to Slam Specialties...(re6s) on the back of the kota... I really like how they are made... Prob. the bags I will stick with from here on out.
johnnydigits   +1y
I'm running airlift dom 2500 on my truck and have for some time with no problem. I've used them on several trucks with no problems. If you've gone through 4 with the same cause, like said before look into the issue with your setup. Going with a different bag will not help if your bags are rubbing/catching on something. If your truck is not the cause/issue get with airlift, they have great customer service and stand behind their products. I also seen "denominators" mentioned, bad knockoffs at best but still shouldn't do as you described.
splinter   +1y
ive ran dominators on my old blazer and now my Mazda, never have had a problem. If your getting tears, it sounds like your bags are not going up and down straight. If your laying out and the bag does not collapse flat on its self, theres your tearing problem.
twitchvoodoo   +1y
Yea I have gotten with air lift and they have replaced each and every one.. I even had to send them pics of my set up aired down, aired up , and in the middle.. bags collapse perfect and have no rubbing issues at all.. they even sent me a bag with 5 pinhole leaks!!!!they just keep saying sorry and sending me a new one.. but changing bags on the fwy is getting old.. so I went to universal airbag co. By my house And got a single bellow 1/2 inch single port bag.. gets the same lift as my airlifts but rides so much smoother..
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
I have two problems with new out of the box Airlift Dominators, one was the same as above ^^ small pin hole leaks in the rubber, called them and they replaced it. Then like 6 months later I tried to use another set on a Regal and one of the mounting nut inserts on the top plate had a slight leak, again they replaced that bag also. I will stick to Slam Specialties from here on, I've never ever had one problem with them. The reason we used Airlift both those times was because of the price, I guess you get what you pay for.
johnnydigits   +1y
You guys have had some bad luck then or I've just had good luck with them. I have also used Slam bags and been impressed with them as well. Ive used firestones and had no problems. In my opinion these are the top 3 brands to use with slam being on top and firestone at 3.
Page 1 of 1