threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lifting Static \  torsion lift reverse of drop ?

torsion lift reverse of drop ?

Mazda Lifting Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2932
replies 19
following 4

bubonik   +1y
Hello
I have been looking into how to lift the truck more then the 3" body lift i have currently
i saw a bunch of right ups on how to lower the truck with the torsion bars
can i do the opposite to give it lift instead ?
any problems i might encounter ?
slamsonthedawgmaster   +1y
You can go up with them but not too much.. there really isn't a good way to lift the front unless you do a solid axle conversion.. I turned mine way up till the upper bumpstops almost touch and it lifted it nice but I had to drop down the front diff due to shaft binding alittle at full extension..but after that to go any higher I gotta solid axle it..
bubonik   +1y
how much did that get you ?
do you have pics on the diff lower ?
It got me about 3-4 inches and I'll throw the truck up on the lift and snap some picks for you.. I have a stock one up there now..I'll snap pics of that one too so you can see the difference
bubonik   +1y
wow 3-4 ?!
i was hoping to get 2 so this sounds like it could work !
I'm looking forward to pictures
what would i need to do to counter tire wear ?
shims ? remove shims ?
I'll definitely get the pics up for you..and I just had a good alignment done after I raised it.. no alignment problems or wear issues.. its still within the factory travel so it holds alignment good
bubonik   +1y
Don't forget those pictures man
Didn't forget! Lol.. just been working my butt off and haven't had a chance to get under my truck... should be able to hook you up on Monday
bubonik   +1y
Did you manage to get pictures ?
No pressure
I won't be doing this right away anyway

Thanks !
Lol.. I'm trying man!.. had a damn saab stuck on my lift since Monday morning.. its sucks waiting on parts