threads
Page 3 of 3
Mazda 2.2L \  Overheating 2.2... need some help (LONG READ!!!)

Overheating 2.2... need some help (LONG READ!!!)

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2921
replies 23
following 9

slammed dimensions   +1y
I've always set timing with it disconected
dropped90(justin)   +1y
mark i hope that isnt the only inline filter you have because those filters will let alot of debris still flow through. i had a fuel pressure regulator on mine and it was causing problems so i pullled it out and put one of those in for looks. there is a good filter out back near the tank. just figured you should know that those filters are crap.

-justin
markb   +1y
Yeah... I'm fully aware those aftermarket glass filters are garbage. They'll catch the big stuff, but that's about it!

As of today, I have two fuel filters on the truck. I put the crappy aftermarket filter near the fuel cell, and an OEM style metal filter near the fuel pump.

Back to the proper procedure for setting the timing... I've searched this forum through and through, and I can find posts both for and against disconnecting the vacuum advance.

Which is the Mazda-approved method? I don't know. I guess I will go with the method that makes the truck run best, and keeps it from overheating.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
okay just figured id give you the heads up. on a side note. i bumped your project thread about the vw but havent seen anything lol.

-justin