Page 2 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  Help or guidance perhaps?

Help or guidance perhaps?

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2137
replies 11
following 4

somoteitbe   +1y
Well water pump works..I'm pretty sure. Also Tested negative on exhaust gas in my radiator soo I Took it out and road drove it hard..actually got it to burn rubber lol still have the oil leaks. Behind timing cover and possibly behind distributer cap. So not sure where I'm gonna go from here with it. Either I'll tear it down and replace the seals and water pump etc like was reccomended or well see...gotta price all this crud first see if I want to spend it or not.

Finally gave the wife bk her spot in the garage, pulled my 67' into my other stall and left the B outside. Well see if it leaks too much on my driveway if I'm mad enough to scrap it. Thanks for all the assistance.
befarrer   +1y
If you warmed up the engine with the radiator cap removed there will be no pressure. The pressure in a cooling system is from the coolant expanding from heat, once it gets to temperature it stops expanding because the coolant is not getting hotter. If you dont get pressure after starting the engine from cold with the radiator cap installed, it could be a weak cap, it is cheap and easy to replace. If you still do not get much pressure, I would suspect more air in the cooling system since air compresses and liquid does not.

As for your oil leak, I would pull your timing covers, upper and lower, and check to see where they are coming from. With all the belts and wind in that area, it could blow oil around. Clean everything off best you can, then run the engine to check for leaks, you can check the water pump, crankshaft seal, and cam seal with the covers off, also check timing belt condition.