water coming out from under the valve cover

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3122
replies 24
following 6

geterdun   +1y
No apology necessary, great input.
xactly opposite   +1y
I sure appreciate the input from y'all I'm going to just rebuild the little truck myself since it don't appear to have any major part damage my brother in law is a kenworth mechanic and he said basically the same as y'all have the motor has almost 180,000 its just time to tear it down clean it up do the rings and valves and I should have this little truck for quite awhile to come
geterdun   +1y
Did you find where the water comes from? Might be good to know before you tear it down.
Autozone may have a pressurizing radiator device you can use to put 15 pounds of pressure on the system to hunt the water leak on a cleaned cold, not running engine?
xactly opposite   +1y
I'm figuring it was the intake manifold or the small hose with the bend in it that's attached to it there was just a piece of the gasket left on the intake and the hose basically was crumbling to my touch
geterdun   +1y
Sounds like a plan. Always the chance of running an engine cleaner through it to free up the ring first. If not it will help with internal cleaning you will be doing later.
Anyone here old enough to remember adding a 1/2 - 1 quart of transmission fluid to the oil to do this?