Page 1 of 3
Mazda 2.0L \  water coming out from under the valve cover

water coming out from under the valve cover

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3119
replies 24
following 6

xactly opposite   +1y
Got a92 b2200 it overheated to about 3/4 on the gauge then wouldn't start changedthe plugs it started fine but as it warmed up I noticed it was smoking popped the hoid and I swear it looks like water bubbling out of the valve cover any ideas people
Cusser   +1y
Make sure the leak isn't coming from the two little rubber bypass hoses on the passenger side of the engine.

Yes, there could be a bad head gasket or cylinder head, and getting coolant into the engine isn't good.
geterdun   +1y
Has your oil become milky white? If so, head gasket or head cracked, probably.
xactly opposite   +1y
Nope no water in my oil I'm going to tear into it on Monday I'm thinking I blew my intake manifold gasket it had been smoking at start up and quits when it gets warm so I'm assuming my valves seals are gone
87forever   +1y
thread post photo
Visually and hand feel these 3 intake hoses for leaks from coolant!!!! If these have not been replaced I strongly suggest doing so.And yes the part #s are readily available if you would like.Imo these trucks do not generally go through intake manifold gaskets.Could be one of the three hoses under the intake blowing coolant on the valve cover.
geterdun   +1y
Do you mean when it is cold, or has set long time and you start it, smoke comes out the tailpipe then stops? That would be the valve seals.

With some luck, some degree of know how and valves that do seal, one can replace the valve seals without pulling the head on most engines.
xactly opposite   +1y
Only when the motors cold the weather don't seem to matter to it at all...
geterdun   +1y
Information available seem to indicate valve seals. This smoke does come out the exhaust pipe?
xactly opposite   +1y
Yep out of the exhaust and to update started tearing into it yesterday still no water in my oil but the top inside of the valve cover is coated with milky looking substance just seems strange to me its only there I'm assuming I did blow my head gAsket after all any help y'all
Cusser   +1y

Especially in winter, and with those who only drive short distances, the engine doesn't really heat up enough to remove condensed moisture from the oil, looks something like a brown milkshake.