Page 2 of 3
Mazda 2.0L \  Broke down

Broke down

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2780
replies 23
following 7

reed_bryant   +1y
Haha yea its me from @mazdatruckin on instagram. But ima get it fixed up good ! Time and money thats all ! And thanks. I admire both of your builds !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cusser   +1y
I need to get one of those truck-cleaning accessories:
thread post photo
reed_bryant   +1y
haha she wanted to clean her truck so i told her id clean mine too. next thing i know, she wanted to come help me so i let her. She drives a lifted chevy z71. people laugh at me because of it but, low life or no life!!
reed_bryant   +1y
Sooo i got the parts in and started taking everything apart today only to find that it jumped timing. Anyone know how many teeth should be on both sides ? And also, i was going to replace the valve cover gasket. So i took the cover off only to find out it had a crack about an inch long. I cant find another cover all over the internet. And is everyones valve cover plastic? Any way to fix it this issue ?

mymmeryloss   +1y
Time for a motor swap haha
reed_bryant   +1y
i have no money for that..
87forever   +1y
The valve covers are aluminum and if they are over tightened at the bolts yes the metal will crack.Try checking the forum for parts on mazda trucking or ask these are not to hard to find.I do not have any spare valve covers if your wondering.And just for fyi buy the felpro gasket kit WITH new grommets for the bolts as advance auto and auto zone list 2 valve cover gasket kits.One is with just the gasket the second is with the rubber gasket and the rubber grommets for the bolts.Price difference is a couple of bucks really.
reed_bryant   +1y
well, got everything put back together. Started it for the first time in two weeks and it started right up! radiator fluid was leaking everywhere and it was coming from the water pump. So me and my dad took everything back apart, tightened the water pump because the bolts were loose, and put everything back together within an hour! its so easy now we could probably do it with our eyes closed. But now since the issue is settled, im set to bring the truck to the shop real soon to be on air!!
mymmeryloss   +1y
Great news! Cant wait to see it bagged.
reed_bryant   +1y
Well, one step forward and two steps back with this truck. Got it running, drove it for 2 days. Today i was leaving my work and when i went to pull out, the truck died. Luckily my manager had tools in her car. I took the timing belt cover off to find this.
thread post photo
the spring for the tensioner pulley fell off and was wedged between the pulley and the belt. It put at groove in the belt all the way around. Im pretty sure it jumped timing again because there is about an inch of slack in the belt. Hopefully this will be fixed tomorrow. Everytime something goes wrong i want to sell it. Then i realize that im one of 4 people from where i live that have a mazda.