Page 2 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  replaced my water pump....now a massive water leak

replaced my water pump....now a massive water leak

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1804
replies 13
following 5

stoveboltgunnut   +1y
No doubt for me that the quality of parts has gone down. Crappy thing is that I've got bad parts from every parts chain. It's just a crap shoot. Not too long ago, I went through three Oreilly's master cylinders on a Chevy truck before I got a good one. We have no good independent stores or carquests here.

Hopefully this Oreilly's pump will hold out a while.
Cusser   +1y

That's the situation near my place up north: one AutoZone and one O'Reillys, and over half an hour each way further to a CarQuest or NAPA. So for my B2200 or Nissan Frontier, a decent reason to use those two for parts (plus open nights and weekends). The older Frontier got a new alternator, water pump, and fan clutch all from local O'Reilly here in Phoenix, all in one day, all lifetime guaranteed, as I sequentially found them bad (so never did depart that day, was all packed up and turned the key, no charging at all).

So when Mrs. Cusser's GMC starter went out up there on a Saturday morning with the horse with us, AutoZone got the business because their "best" was new and O'Reilly's was rebuilt. So that one's still going strong.
burtandurny101   +1y
I have replaced my alternator 4 times; every time from o'reilies all in the last three years.
The only thing keeping me going back there is the lifetime warranty so I have only had to buy one of them!
Cusser   +1y
I've got an O'Reilly alternator in my '98 Frontier, been fine so far, guess 1 year