Page 3 of 3
Mazda 2.0L \  b2000 not firing PLEASE HELP

b2000 not firing PLEASE HELP

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 11289
replies 25
following 8

mikevick2002   +1y
I'm having the same problem I have a new coil and I have a chitons manual but there's a little sensor on the core support I have no clue what it is and the "little black box" on the dist the wire is tore out of it I have no clue what it's called to get a new one maybe someone can help I also installed the weber conversion and a header so all I have hooked up is alt starter and dist so any help will help
kagroat   +1y
I totally suck at uploading pictures, never really knew how. Im very sorry.
Anyhow, if you go to

I have the same exact wiring as this guy does. I just don't know if the yellow and blue wires go on the positive side or if the black with white wire does?

Also the little Condenser thing on the core support next to the radiator (small black wire?)

thanks guys
I TOTALLY appreciate any help!!
kagroat   +1y
that's the problem CAB+RIDER, I don't know which wires and clips respectively go to positive and negative on the coil, that's what im trying to figure out
kagroat   +1y
Hey I just want to thank everybody for the help!! After digging around on the internet for over a month, I finally found all the info I needed to fix my truck.

I replaced the ICM as well as the pickup assembly that plugs into it with new wiring,
then I re hooked up all the wiring per somebody else's trucks coil and distributor (picture on the internet).

She fired right up. Timing might be off, I might have put it back in a tooth off or so.
And its ticking really loud but hopefully the lifters get better??

Thanks everybody, I will try to figure out how to upload pics of my truck.
Its pretty cool looking

YOU GUYS AND GALS AT MAZDA B SCENE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
fly18s   +1y
Mag roast,
So what was your problem?,
Wired incorrectly, bad wiring from coil to dist,
Or bad little part at the end of the wiring harness from dist to coil, the one that is attached to the bracket near the coil ?

I have ruined 2 modules and now no spark. Ordered
3 rd module yesterday.

Thanks,

Ken
fly18s   +1y
Kagroat,

My last post was for you.

Thanks,

Ken